People Business Partner at Sprout Social
At Sprout Social, people and culture are at the forefront of everything we do - a fact underscored by our multiple Best Places to Work awards and impressive Glassdoor rating. As members of the Sprout People team, we are champions of Sprout’s unique culture. Doing our jobs effectively means every candidate has an incredible experience with Sprout Social, every team member is successful from day one, and every business unit has the talent and support needed to meet and exceed our ambitious business goals.
People Business Partners (PBP) play a critical role in the success of our People team and to Sprout. In essence, your role is to partner with leaders across the business to influence and drive talent strategy, determine the HR implications, identify opportunities to enable and enhance the business agenda and ultimately serve as the conduit between the People team and our business. We are looking for someone with 4+ years of progressive HR Business Partner or HR Generalist experience, preferably within the SaaS industry. Deep knowledge of HR industry trends, best practices, and federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations is required to be successful in this role. As the scope of this role spans North America and APAC, global HR experience is helpful but not required.
While no one day is the same, you can expect to be responsible for employee advocacy, talent strategy expertise, and coaching within your assigned client groups. You’ll advise on strategies related to compensation practices, employee relations, performance management, career development, and talent retention. You are looked to by your People team peers and others in the business as a leader. You role model our core values, demonstrate and coach others on how to lead with a growth mindset and aren’t afraid to have the tough conversations necessary to move the business forward.
If this sounds like you, and you’re excited about helping us scale our award-winning culture, we’d love to talk with you.
Within 1 Month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how you fit in the organization.
- Partner with your manager to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Conduct initial 1:1s with employees and managers and other key strategic partners throughout the company to identify what a successful People relationship looks like and how you will work together.
- Partner with our other People Business Partners to understand how they support their assigned teams and how your role will support their efforts.
- Understand as much as you can about our company, products, teams, and projects to creatively support our award-winning culture.
Within 3 Months, you will:
- Have learned our People team tools and processes and offering suggestions on how we can make things even better. We want you to dive in and help us find ways we can optimize our processes including ways to partner with our Recruitment, DEI, People Ops, Organizational Development, and Employee Experience teams to help us manage our global employee experience. Don’t be afraid to give us feedback. We welcome it.
- Continue building relationships with key stakeholders to deeply understand the unique challenges of managing and leading within a publicly-traded SaaS organization within each function and department you support.
- Be confident in assisting management and leadership in resolving complex employee relation issues aligned with Sprout’s core values and practices.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Be a trusted advisor to key stakeholders and the departments you support through the alignment of people management initiatives to the overall business strategy.
- In partnership with our People Ops and People team practice leads, dive into our people data (engagement, retention, performance, attrition, etc.) to make data-driven recommendations on how to accelerate talent development, scale processes, further embed DEI initiatives, and improve the overall employee experience.
- Begin to collaborate with department heads to influence systemic change through the presentation of well-developed and structured proposals and hold stakeholders accountable through robust communication and effective change management strategies.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be completely settled in as a critical member on the People Team, with a deep understanding of employees within your client groups and company’s needs.
- Embody and add to our People team culture by contributing to the engagement and growth of the broader People team.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change the People Team in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!