People Communications Specialist at SpotHero
Are you a people person looking to make a huge impact? Do you relish in making sure others know what’s going on with clear communication? We want to meet you! We are seeking a People Communications Specialist to be an integral part of our people- first culture. This person will embody the SpotHero voice with all people team communications while delivering an exceptional experience to both current and future employees.
Sound like you? Keep reading!
Who we are
SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of empowering everyone to get everywhere, easier!
If you want to make the world a better place and create space for life, it turns out parking spaces are a fantastic place to start. Why did you miss that critical appointment? Parking. Why were you stressed and sweating on that first date? Parking.
If there were a way to make people impervious to parking problems, parking would solve more than just a question about where to leave one’s car. That would help people be fully present in their lives. That would make a difference! And that’s what SpotHero does. SpotHero isn’t just in the parking space business, we’re also in the business of creating space for life.
So if you’re looking for a job where there’s space for you—the whole you—and where you get to use all your skills to build something new, exciting, fast-growing, and truly world-changing, then great, come to SpotHero!
What you will get to do
- Write and edit multi-channel content that is attention grabbing, resulting in increased engagement across the organization and to potential candidates
- Create and oversee our people communications process, and calendar to ensure our people are connected to our most important messages and resources for success
- Work with People team leaders + other internal stakeholders to iterate on existing processes, and create new approaches based on employee needs and feedback
- Advocate for, and continue to enhance, an employee experience that is inclusive of various learning styles for our hybrid + distributed team
- Ensure organizational knowledge is stored and shared effectively, keeping the design of our intranet and content relevant, and executing to keep it up to date
- Collaborate and align with key people team stakeholders on change management communications for people initiatives
- Be a proponent of SpotHero’s culture by partnering with key stakeholders to organize employee meetings, both in-person and virtual - though we’re based in Chicago, we’re always mindful to find ways to include our remote and regional teams.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop storytelling, engagement, and strategies to recruit new talent through employer branding, develop existing talent, differentiate SpotHero’s brand, amplify reach and engage talent across multiple channels
- Investigate and pilot new technologies designed to enhance the impact of our people communications
Who you are:
- You are Organized - you have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills. You know which questions you need to ask to prioritize your work.
- You are People-Focused - creating an exceptional employee experience is always top of mind in everything you do.
- You are Impactful - your passion impacts company culture, by increasing employee engagement, development, and retention
- You are Efficient - you have a knack for taking systems and making them more efficient.
- You are Collaborative - you work with multiple individuals to complete a task or achieve a goal.
- You are a Clear Communicator - regardless of the medium, you effectively get your message across while showcasing your ability to think outside the box.
- You are Proactive - you are inspired by taking initiative, developing and executing new strategies by being a creative thinking and thinking outside the box
- You are Influential - you positively influence those around you with a passion for creating an inclusive work environment
What you bring:
- Experience or a passion in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, People Ops/HR, Customer Experience, or a related field
- You’re a story-teller at heart. You know how important it is to communicate to not just be understood, but also not be misunderstood.
- You may have a blog, or manage one professionally. We’d love to see a portfolio of your creative writing work!
Taking a new route? Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we’re offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a leading e-commerce company with the opportunity to grow into any of several roles within the company.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and Canada and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.