People & Culture Manager at cohesion
Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We are searching for a People & Culture Manager to join our rapidly growing team in our Chicago office. This position will be responsible for all things human resources for our team including but not limited to benefits administration, onboarding and training of new employees, vendor relationship management and enhancing our company culture.
What You’ll Do
- Own and coordinate the various steps required to onboard our new hires, conduct the first day orientation, and help make the best first impression on behalf of the company.
- Lead benefits administration such as new enrollments, dependent changes, address updates, etc.
- Administer various HR operational processes and audits HR data transactions, such as answering general HR inquiries from employees, validating benefit/ payroll input, benefit reconciliation reports, monthly invoices, employment verifications, etc.
- Responsible for the research and execution of professional development plans for employees
- Understand payroll processes and state/ local requirements to help audit and run reporting requirements for our global payroll cycles.
- Maintain employee records and grievance including completing and coordinating the administration and documentation related to staff transactions, including employee transfers, promotions, and terminations
- Own the annual reporting requirements with external vendors and various government agencies, such as the 401(K) audit, non-discrimination testing, Affordable Care Act, 5500 filling, EEO-1, E-verify, etc.
- Work with leadership to lead annual performance review process and incentive compensation
- Inventory management for office supplies
- Work closely with Talent Acquistion on recruitment efforts
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record in related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in HR, previous operational HR background desired
- Applied knowledge of benefit plan principles and governing laws: i.e., COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, FMLA, ADA, pension regulators, Workers’ Compensation
- Solid Excel skills
- Previous experience evaluating and implementing benefits programs
- HR Certification (SHRM, PHR)
- High attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize
- High level of discretion with confidential information
- Creative problem-solver who is resilient to change and can adapt/flex to ad hoc situations
- Effective oral and written communication skills with experience interacting with various management levels, functions, and regions
What you can expect from Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone and wellness stipend after 6 months of employment
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance.
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Dressing for your day
- Working in an open environment with creative optional brainstorming sessions for all employees
- Participating in one all-employee lunch per month and one all-employee breakfast per month
- Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.