People Experience Specialist
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois is the integrated business manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity, and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot is operating a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers, social responsibility and the state at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. Camelot is committed to building a progressive organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
Our People function is at the heart of everything Camelot Illinois stands for. We strive to build and continuously develop an exceptional place to work where employees not only feel valued but empowered.
Within Camelot Illinois, the People Experience Specialist will report to the People & Organizational Development Manager and is responsible for supporting people experience initiatives throughout the organization.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Being accountable for the orientation of new hires, coordinating all the elements of first month/onboarding activities and serving as the main point of contact
- Assisting in managing the “Camelot Business Associate” graduate rotational program, ensuring the curriculum and experience gained is both meaningful and valuable.
- Communicating and marketing company-wide learning and engagement activities, driving excitement around people initiatives
- Due diligence for learning and engagement events, such as researching vendors, liaising with Procurement for contract completion, scheduling, coordinating with stakeholders
- Handling all logistics for learning and engagement events, such as preparing training materials, scheduling classes & conference rooms, monitoring enrollments, reporting
- Creating and adding content for company intranet; update intranet regularly
- Maintaining and updating all People technology platforms (i.e. performance management, compliance LMS, etc.)
- Helping coordinate the learner and supplier feedback process, and identifying improvements in learning management, learning content, delivery, and processes
- Distributing a range of internal messaging across multiple channels to employees regarding company plans, key activities and policies, & other company-wide content
- Assisting with the recruitment process, such as scheduling interviews or managing candidates in ATS submitting background checks
- Responding to employee questions and concerns regarding a wide variety of issues in a timely and courteous manner
- Providing clerical and administrative support to the team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in HR/People or Internal Communications, with some experience in or strong exposure to employee engagement or learning and development
- High level of professionalism, behaving and communicating in an articulate and professional manner, handling sensitive information with discretion
- Willingness and excitement to live our values: Do Good, Be Accountable, Stay Connected, Keep Improving, and Spark Enthusiasm
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Resourcefulness – desire to do whatever is necessary to help the Team
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers
- Comfortability and adaptability with various technology platforms
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information
Working For Camelot Illinois
We’re a creative group of people at Camelot Illinois, passionate about our work. We are not interested in formality or too much hierarchy. We like to bring the best ideas forward as quickly as possible. We’re proud that we provide a lively and challenging environment for our teams to try new ideas and achieve their potential. If this sounds like a company you would thrive in, get in touch!
We want people who thrive in a casual, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.