People Operations Generalist
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
You are looking for your next position as a People Operations Generalist and you are passionate about building an effective and efficient infrastructure as we scale. You have experience with supporting on-boarding, benefits, payroll and get excited to participate in projects designed to improve the effectiveness of the People function.
What you’ll be working on:
- Develop and manage a quality People Operations infrastructure: HR systems, processes and programs; e.g.payroll administration, benefits administration, compensation, immigration, compliance, HRIS administration
- Manage the dimensions of people operations with a strong emphasis on supporting our retention processes as we continue to grow rapidly and leverage internal relationships
- Partner to share the wheel with Team Leaders to problem solves HR issues for high performing teams
- Advocate a customer service energy towards all employees that delivers an exceptional employee experience
- Uphold our culture of transparent feedback by addressing employee relations issues quickly, consistently and with respect and grace
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- BA/BS degree with 4 years of experience working in Human Resources or a related function
- Experience in administering payroll, benefit plans (401k, health, transit) and HR operations that deliver a high-quality experience for employees
- Confirm all on-boarding and off-boarding is completed
- Review and approve qualifying life events
- Plan and execute bi-monthly payroll administration
- Plan and execute benefits open enrollment include training decks, fielding questions, communication, socialization, system maintenance, coordination with all benefit carriers with implementation, requirements of data CSVs for upload and updating EDI requirements
- Determine future benefits and wellness strategies
- Self-disciplined and solutions focused with experience excelling in a dynamic, fluid and fast-paced environment
- Experience with updating polices (code of conduct, anti-harassment, confidentiality agreement)
- Previous experience working in a result driven or entrepreneurial environment required, SaaS company preferred
- Knowledge of current labor laws, as well as recent changes and trends in employment practices
- Experience with UltiPro or similar HR software
- PHR or SPHR preferred