People Operations Specialist at Nerdery
The People Operations Specialist is responsible for a diverse range of technical and administrative duties in support of programs and services related to benefits, payroll, HRIS, and compliance. To be successful in this position, you must be a motivated individual with attention to detail, who thrives on meeting deadlines, and has strong problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities/Duties (includes but not limited to)
- Support the administration of the employee benefit program including but not limited to: healthcare, wellness, retirement, disability, life insurance, and leaves of absence.
- Handle COBRA administration including notifications, payment tracking, and vendor updates.
- Process the monthly benefits billing statements, including reviewing for accuracy, resolving discrepancies, and approving for payment in a timely manner. Update payroll as needed.
- Conduct eligibility audits to ensure vendor records are accurate, follow up on discrepancies and make corrections when necessary.
- Assist with Open Enrollment and other special projects as needed.
- Assist with communication and execution of the objectives around our wellness program.
- Assist with the new-hire benefits onboarding process and conduct benefit presentations.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for multiple pay groups (UltiPro).
- Administer calculations and processing related to pay adjustments, final paychecks, severance payments and PTO payouts.
- Handle all payroll tax activities including state set-up, SUI updates and investigating variances.
- Respond to employment verifications and manage unemployment activity.
- Monitor and process levies and garnishments in the payroll system.
- Oversee the relocation program and process reimbursements.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures that govern payroll processing and taxation.
- Maintain employee data in the HRIS system, ensuring that all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Manage permissions and access for HRIS users.
- Manage workflow for employee new-hire and termination updates to ensure these updates are communicated timely and accurately to all relevant parties.
- Run monthly status reports as well as produce ad-hoc standard and advanced reporting upon request.
- Monitor PTO activity, balances and accrual calculations and make updates as needed.
- Troubleshoot system performance issues.
- Collaborate with the TechOps department to identify system improvements and enhancements. Recommend and implement solutions.
- Assist with benefits and HR audits, including but not limited to 401(k) and worker’s compensation.
- Provide reporting for various required filings such as Affirmative Action and EEO.
- Review and prepare ACA 1095-C forms for distribution and online filing.
- Coordinate delivery of required benefit notices and filings.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years equivalent experience in administrative and/or human resources job required
- Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
- Experience with UltiPro and Business Intelligence preferred
- Must be proficient with technology and technological applications:
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, verbally and in writing
- Must always maintain confidentiality on employment issues and sensitive information