TEAM: People Team, North America
REPORTING TO: Director, HRBP
LOCATION: Chicago Office (currently remote from home)
A bit about the marketing store and havi
The Marketing Store (TMS) is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Our core skill is transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions. We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience.
Our parent company, HAVI, is a global, privately held company that has customers in over 100 countries. HAVI’s expertise and experience in analytics, packaging, sourcing, supply chain and logistics help customers optimize marketing promotions and address supply chain challenges big and small. They offer data-based insights and services that combine a strategic, long-term view with an unmatched commitment to execution.
Both The Marketing Store and HAVI believe that none of what we do for our clients and customers can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We’re committed to breaking down silos to build more efficient and better-connected working processes. That’s why we are a people-first business, built to serve consumer-first brands.
Why we think you will love this role
Proactivity. Agility. Thinking. Business Transformation.
The People Team at TMS are about two things people and potential. We exist to enable, empower, and support our people to unleash their potential. We work in partnership with HAVI, and together, we seek to curate a series of moments that matter. Ultimately crafting an unmatched employee experience that helps the people of TMS and HAVI produce iconic work across the globe.
The main focus of this role is strategic HR business partnership and talent management. We are seeking a progressive HRBP to help drive best practice change management and organizational design to help us demonstrate our talent, identify strategic capabilities, and evolve our culture and staying true to our values.
This role has purpose; thinking and contributing is expected, a willingness to share ideas and opinions to help create strategic HR plans and then deliver against these is a must. The HRBP has excellent project management skills and business insight.
Beyond the day to day we are working on a number of exciting global HR projects focused on inclusion and people development. We are looking for a hand raiser, unafraid of a challenge, and someone who will take a project and own it to completion. There is an everyday opportunity to build relationships and collaborate with the broader global People Team to bring ideas to life.
- Partner with leads of designated groups and drive HR programs that positively impact the employee experience: staffing, onboarding, performance management, learning & development, compensation, and culture initiatives
- Build solid relationships with leaders, managers, and employees providing counsel, guidance, and strategic partnership
- Work closely with business leads and Talent Acquisition on talent planning and recruitment to provide guidance and support where needed
- Oversee the enhancement and maintenance of the new hire orientation program, including partnering with Global HR on best practices
- Lead the performance management process, including mid-year and annual reviews, employee goal setting, and individual career development planning for designated client group
- Work as a part of the Global L&D team to create and deliver effective learning and development programs for employees
- Work with the NA People Team Lead to execute the annual total compensation review and distribution of the Management Incentive Program (bonus program)
- Address and resolve employee relations issues working with managers on employee development and performance management, coaching and raising as necessary
- Conduct Exit interviews, review trends and data and make recommendations based on findings
- Provide general HR support to all employees across North America
- Lead and/or assist with special projects, initiatives, and ad hoc assignments as required
Desired Skills & Experience
What you will bring to this role
- A solid HR background with a passion for creating an engaging, high-touch employee experience.
- You have the ability to move fluidly between strategic and tactical responsibilities and change direction quickly as the needs of the business change.
- You are very comfortable handling confidential information in a critical and discrete manner, raising issues appropriately, and sharing your knowledge with other team members.
- Your professionalism is evident; you demonstrate financial mindedness and eye for business.
- This role requires that you to think fast and act precisely. You can lead your own time and prioritize your day based on the most critical needs while demonstrating agility to shift gears.
- Your people-first approach enables you to develop and send communications that resonate with employees.
- You can confidently communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Your presentation skills are solid; you can deliver key information with personality, in a way that is easy for everyone to interpret.
- You listen actively and empathetically and follow through on your commitments, providing updates along the way.
- You understand the need to present a joined-up collaborative approach to the agency.
- Communicating with the rest of the NA People Team on key information and issues, in a timely manner, is second nature to you.
- You are organized and pay attention to details whether leading a project or working as part of a team.
- You don’t let deadlines slip, you keep yourself and others on track, and you ask for help when you need it.
- Having an open mind and an inclusive approach to what you do, considering all our people as individuals and always being respectful of their differences.
- You work to ensure that HR processes, policies, and initiatives, are inclusive of all people and their diversities, and develop an environment where everyone can have access to an equal opportunity for success at TMS.
Work hard – have fun doing it!
- It is important to you to come to work and have fun!
- You have a can-do attitude and a positive outlook on how you can contribute to the overall success of our people and our business.
- You take accountability and drive for results, pro-actively coming up with solutions.
- You want to build relationships, get to know people across the whole agency and ultimately play an important part of building a collaborative and engaging culture
The extra perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance provided
- Company matched 401k contribution
- Profit sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Life Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits including discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Insurance
- Virtual agency-wide socials and events
- Casual dress – come as you are
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.