People Partner (Technical)
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs YOU to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced People Partner to join our People Success team. This is a mission critical role where you will partner directly with two of LogicGate Founder’s and technical leaders to develop and implement the People strategy and scale their global teams. You will quickly establish yourself as a trusted partner and advisor on topics including organizational design, recruitment strategy, performance development, headcount planning, team culture and remote collaboration, and much much more. You will also be the go-to person for managing the HR issues that naturally arise as a company scales.
While this role includes the core elements you’d expect to find in a traditional HRBP role, it also brings a heavy focus on growth and scaling. This role is broad in scope, covering the end-to-end lifecycle of our team members, from ensuring we have a strong pipeline of technical candidates, all the way through to leading exit interviews and actioning the learnings.
You bring an authentic passion for the employee experience and you are committed to creating an environment where team members can do their best work, ever. You have a proven track record of establishing successful partnerships with highly technical leaders and product visionaries, and helping them shape and execute their people strategies. You thrive in an environment where you are both strategic and hands-on tactical.
Are you up for your next big challenge? Then read on!
- Become a trusted advisor on all things People-related to our global technical leaders within Engineering and Product
- Develop strategies to foster a vibrant team culture, with close collaboration and effective communication across geographically dispersed team members, especially during COVID times
- With input from each leader, develop the hiring plan, define critical roles, and assist our recruiting team in crafting compelling job descriptions
- Make sure we have the right recruiting processes, velocity and focus to deliver against our hiring plan. Stay in close communication with the recruiting team, ensuring they are fully aligned to the hiring plan
- Develop a crisp understanding of the DNA of the organization and the attributes that make a team member successful. Take an active part in interviewing candidates, with specific focus on interviewing for this DNA
- Develop strategies to help our managers identify, grow and retain top talent within their teams
- Partner with functional leaders to build career paths for their teams
- Implement innovative people programming to support career development, performance management, and leadership development
- Stay close to the teams you support so that you can proactively surface and address challenges before they become real issues
- Provide thoughtful guidance and support to our leaders on people issues including performance management issues and, where applicable, terminations
- High energy with a hands-on “doer” mentality
- High emotional intelligence
- 5+ years of HR Generalist experience, including working closely with senior technical leaders
- 2+ years in an HR Business Partner role, supporting engineering or technical team across multiple countries
- Proven experience successfully partnering with business group leadership to develop and implement People strategies
- Sound judgment and strong business acumen
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with integrity and professionalism
- Passion for serving our people and supporting the success of our business
- Creative lens to Employee Experience and Culture
This role is open to those based in Chicagoland or remote but travel to Chicago will be expected following the COVID-19 pandemic.
What we have to offer:
- Time Off
- 18 Days PTO + 9 Company Holidays (Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- 6 Health days (Mental & Physical)
- Equitable Parental Leave Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental and Vision
- LogicGate covers 80% of employee premiums
- 401(k) Match Program
- Flex Rewards
- Monthly funds on Zestful debit card to be leveraged by the employee (cell phone, streaming services, child care, dog walker)
- Partial ownership of company through stock options
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We secured $24.75M in Series B Financing in December 2019 to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid —an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built In Chicago’s list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020
Oh, and we have a lot of fun while we’re at it. You’ll have the chance to participate in things like company-led charity involvement, monthly employee events, and regular Friday happy hours—plus a lot more.
Not too familiar with GRC? That’s ok—a lot of us weren’t when we were in your shoes either. Here’s what you need to know:
- GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance
- GRC professionals help their companies manage uncertainty, act with integrity, and stay on the right side of the law. Bottom line: they keep their companies on the right track.
- GRC is a huge market, and growing fast. Not only is it a $35 billion industry today, it’s predicted to grow to $64 billion by 2025. This is what we’re going after!
LogicGate is dedicated to creating a community of diverse professionals, as we believe this creates a strong sense of belonging which ultimately enables our business to succeed. We are passionate about creating safe, inclusive spaces for all those who come through our doors! We’re proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ability status, religion, veteran or military status, or any other protected status.