People Solutions Partner (Employee Relations) at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 22.6 million diners food ordering experience and we feature over 300,000 restaurants in 3,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for an Employee Relations expert with deep experience with employment standards, workplace investigations, Code of Conduct violations, and resolving employee/manager conflicts. You are not only a hands-on operator, but also a builder who can assess and improve our strategic, people-centric programs in order to develop an exceptional employee experience.
You are a self-motivated problem-solver, who is poised and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trustworthy, flexible and emotionally mature, and flourish working collaboratively with people who share these values. You are also data driven and through a combination of intelligence, experience and information can drive systemic improvements over time.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Provide advice and counsel to HR Business Partners and Business Leaders on all employee relations issues. Specifically, ensure optimal decisions are made through influencing, coaching, and providing subject matter expertise.
- Ensure ER issues and concerns are handled fairly, consistently, transparently, in a timely fashion, and in line with Grubhub’s values, policies, and appropriate local laws.
- Conduct investigations into Code of Conduct violations and assist in performance coaching conversations.
- Works with People Operations and Payroll teams to ensure FLSA classification compliance and oversees job evaluations.
- Design, create and implement programs that improve proactive Employee Relations processes and practices that contribute to a healthy and productive working environment.
- Partner with Learning and Development to propose and implement improvements to management and employee training programs related to policy and the law.
- Partner with internal and external legal counsel to ensure effective case management and resolution.
- As the subject matter expert, ensure the organization has appropriate updates to federal, state and local employment laws that inform investigations and the appropriate remediation tactics.
- Review and analyze case data, as well as employee survey, people analytics, etc. to identify trends, potential risk areas and opportunities for improving problem areas and capabilities.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- At least 7 years of Employee Relations, Legal or relevant experience with a minimum of 3 years directly managing complex employee relations issues and advising executive-level corporate clients regarding employment practice; call center employee relation experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional partners in Legal, People Operations, employees and managers in a matrixed organization to resolve issues and grievances
- Proven ability to be a coach, counselor, advisor and partner with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Solid understanding of Federal, State, and local labor and employment laws and knowledge in technology businesses including a familiarity with HR practices and policies
- Must be highly comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work under pressure and deal with complex issues, while maintaining composure
- Experienced decision maker who uses good reasoning and sound judgment required
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality is required
- Detail-oriented, with the demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, interpret and make recommendations on data related to employee relations investigations
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.