People Specialist at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
As a People Specialist you will need to be someone who is self-motivated, learns quickly, and demonstrates the ability to project manage multiple task focused work streams at the same time. This role requires the credibility and integrity to maintain confidential, sensitive company and employee information at all times. Responsibilities and projects will be varied anywhere from administrative to highly analytical in nature and typically will require independent judgment and follow-through with internal and external people and systems.
- Provides timely assistance to team members regarding general HR questions and issues
- Responsible for the seamless execution of processing any operational changes for people in our systems
- Responsible for audits, compliance reportings and maintaining of employee files and agreements
- Responsible for the offboarding process and serves as point of contact for any follow up actions once an employee departs Grubhub
- Responds to and is first line of contact for People Team inbox
- Maintains all process documents and policies for the People Team
- Participates in HR projects and People Team meetings, events and culture club
- Designs, architects, and owns a people analytics dashboard that speaks to the trends and key people metrics (ie. turnover, DE&I, growth & promotion, engagement, compensation etc.) and presents out monthly trends/findings on monthly basis
- Completes quarterly reviews of people analytics data and partners with People Solutions leader on reporting out trends, changes, and opportunities for improvement
- Provides support to CPO as needed on special projects and insights reports as needed
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2+ years experience in an HR generalist, Insights, Analytics or People Operations role
- 2+ years leveraging data to tell stories and influence leaders to adjust or improve based on what the data shows
- Excellent organization skills - project management skills are a plus!
- Looks for ways to improve, optimize or automate to making processes flow more easily
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Able to deal with conflict in a positive manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must be able to build relationships with key stakeholders and team members
- Passionate in helping others succeed
- Must be based in Chicago, IL
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.