People Team Operations & Change Manager at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion and diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a People Team Operations & Change Manager to join the People Strategy & Experience team. A role within this team means enabling the People team to focus on priorities by arming them with the right information & knowledge. The People Team Operations & Change Manager role is responsible for helping to manage the People Team initiative portfolio, including project portfolio decision making, financials (budgets, costs, benefits), and capacity management. Additionally, you will be responsible for defining and executing on a change management strategy to support our operating model evolution, and this also includes establishing a change management methodology to be leveraged by our Shared Services partners. You will need to partner across functions and with our Shared Services partners, requiring extensive data-backed analysis to influence decision making.
People Team Portfolio Management
- Define a portfolio management process (intake, prioritization, financials, capacity management) for the People Team while partnering with our Enterprise PMO to ensure the process is adequate to support their team
- Lead and manage highly visible, cross-functional portfolio of strategic initiatives, including proactively communicating and reporting on overall initiative health and the defined KPIs/metrics for each initiative
- Communicate risks and issues and manage mitigation plans, accordingly
Change Management Standard for Shared Services
- Establish a change management standard (methodology, tools, templates) for all Shared Services to use for driving change within the organization
- Prepare Shared Services to effectively leverage the defined change management standard (e.g. communications, training, etc.)
- Serve as a change leader by elevating themes and messages and influencing key stakeholders
Change Management Strategy & Execution for People Team Operating Model Evolution
- Define & execute on a change management strategy for our People Team Operating Model evolution (includes vision & value, leadership engagement, communications, organizational alignment, training, and change readiness considerations)
- Develop change impact assessments to articulate benefits and impact of change
- Use diverse and compelling data-driven methods to communicate effectively and with partners at various levels, including senior leadership
- Lead an influencer network to mobilize change and serve as a feedback mechanism
- Analyze effectiveness of change efforts (metrics) to ensure objectives are met and benefits realized
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in portfolio management and change management principles and tools
- Ability to create structure around ambiguous assignments and manage complexity in terms of the work and stakeholders to deliver results in a compressed timeframe
- Ability to identify measures and metrics to assess effectiveness of efforts
- Strong financial acumen (budget, costs, benefits)
- Use best-in-class project management and stakeholder engagement techniques to influence broad group of stakeholders and senior leaders – without direct authority
- Strong foundation in problem solving, analytics, project management change management principles and tools
- Strong communications skills; superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills and ability to influence stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development, or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of portfolio management and organizational change management experience in support of complex, transformative projects
- Experience in a professional services environment desirable
- Proven track record of critical thinking; synthesizing data to address complex problems via achievable strategies/solutions
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong prioritization skills
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and influence stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, nimble, professional environment
- High proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.