Principal Compensation Strategy Consultant at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Provides leadership on the execution, administration and delivery of pay programs with attention to local and federal laws and regulations. Responsible for the development of a comprehensive compensation strategy that supports strategic business objectives enabling the company to attract, reward and retain top talent globally. Combines both company and business strategy to help create and execute on a coherent and dynamic compensation philosophy and strategy. Through analysis and research on competitive practices, ensure Discover’s pay programs are aligned with Discover’s strategy and industry practice and designed to attract, retain and motivate our employee’s. Partner with and provide guidance to senior HR and business professionals to address compensation related issues as they arise.
- Provides leadership on design and implementation of compensation programs, policies, practices and/or procedures by being the subject matter expert for information, problem solving and communication to customers and other compensation staff on all compensation matters.
- Partners with other areas across the enterprise to ensure competitive position (internal/external) and the ability to attract, retain and motivate employees and candidates.
- Develops and drives consistency with organization policy and procedure in Broad Based compensation decisions.
- Leads the strategic direction of compensation programs by owning strategic initiatives to align with evolving business needs ensuring clear integration with other enterprise strategic and operational initiatives and enhance engagement and influence performance.
- Defines scope, planning, executing and reporting to stakeholders on strategic initiatives by analyzing complex issues and conduct quantitative analyses to determine the feasibility of operational and investment decisions. Develops stakeholder communications on strategic initiatives’ progress, risks and results.
- Monitors industry trends and leading thoughts and advocates for implementation and/or integration to operational initiatives.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Compensation, Human Resources, Finance or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- CCP, CSCP
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.