Principal Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The role will be accountable for working with business and HR leaders to ensure that Discover increases, develops and leverages a diverse workforce, sustains an environment of inclusion where everyone can reach their full potential, and generates positive business results in the markets we serve. The role will work under the guidance of the senior manager to help ensure we attract and develop our diverse employees, drive preference as an employer, and have a positive business impact. This role will provide strategic guidance, direction and oversight to Employee Resource Groups and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Councils to ensure their contributions are aligned to and supportive of Discover’s strategies and goals, including monitoring primary activities and corresponding budgets. The role will also be responsible for tracking and reporting on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion related statistics/data/metrics, serving as a liaison to various external diversity partners and managing/participating in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion projects.
- Provide strategic guidance, direction and oversight to Employee Resource Groups, Executive Sponsors, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Councils to ensure their contributions are aligned to and supportive of Discover’s strategies and goals, including monitoring primary activities and corresponding budgets.
- Track, evaluate, and report on the effectiveness of programs and initiatives. Report on milestone progress toward strategic priorities. Measure impact of new initiatives against key performance indicators and metrics.
- Maintain and continuously improve the DE&I website/team site while assisting Corporate Communications in ensuring Discovers DE&I brand is accurately and positively reflected in appropriate internal and external communications.
- Partner with external consultants and experts, HR business partners and Centers of Excellence (COE) leaders, and senior business leaders to help assess current state programs, diagnose issues, and develop and embed diverse and inclusive thought to existing practices.
- Support programs that strengthen strategies around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion related to recruiting, performance and engagement processes that align with business objectives.
- Drive, direct, and implement strategic objectives in multiple formats including programs, self-service tools, in-person development activities, training facilitation, presentations and specific consultation based on business need.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Human Resources, DE&I or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, DE&I or related field
- Diversity & Inclusion professional certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.