Recruiter, US G&A + Supply
Be the support needed to fuel our growth
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. We’re looking for an experienced full-cycle Recruiter for our US G&A + Supply Recruiting Team to deliver top talent and lead strategic searches for those departments across the U.S. You’ll have robust knowledge of recruiting and sourcing best practices and a comprehensive understanding of the complex nature of these roles, source and assess profiles to build pipelines, and build strong partnerships with your internal hiring teams. Excited at the prospect of contributing to this area in recruiting? Read on!
- Run the full recruiting cycle for a variety of positions in the US including: Ocean Freight, LCL Ocean Freight, Air Freight, Trucking, Warehousing, and Pricing on the Supply side; Finance, Trade Finance, Legal, Compliance, Customs Compliance, Marketing, Sales Operations, People Operations, Workplace on the G&A side
- Proactively build talent pipelines through referral generation, online sourcing, and sourcing campaigns
- Source and identify passive candidates while tracking data to ensure you’re investing in sources with the highest ROI; Recommend creative and results-oriented ideas to cultivate a diverse pipeline; Drive diversity recruiting initiatives with hiring managers and interview panels
- Regularly over-communicate information such as candidate pipelines, recruiting funnel metrics, and performance data to internal stakeholders
- Write eye catching copy to ensure top conversion rates; Locate and engage passive candidates through the use of LinkedIn, Boolean sourcing, industry event participation and alternative search techniques
- Partner closely with our Recruiting and Hiring Leaders to ensure we attract, assess, woo, and close the best of the best; Develop strong relationships with Hiring Leaders to understand the needs of the business and their talent orgs
- Conduct research to understand the competitive landscape and share findings with broader G&A + Supply Recruiting team
- Build trusted candidate relationships, drive offer approvals, extensions, and negotiations
- Successfully deliver on all deadlines and flawlessly execute in a very fast-paced environment
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree with 3-5 years of experience in full lifecycle recruiting & sourcing
- Proven experience within corporate recruitment and high success rate with filling G&A roles
- Experience with owning recruiting for Supply Chain, Transportation, and Logistics teams a plus; Experience in fast growing companies a plus; People Management experience a plus
- Relationship Management. Your fans include candidates, interviewers, and hiring leaders; You run a tight, process-driven interview process, guide and advise throughout and have a high touchpoint of communication
- High bar for partnership with recruiting coordinators and sourcers
- Drive for results. You bring the drive to see processes through end-to-end and ensure you deliver top talent every time; Data and metrics are a motivator
- Hustle. The success of our company depends on our ability to find, assess, and woo the best of the best
- Humility. No task is too big or too small;
- Positivity. We work awfully hard and we’re having a blast doing it; and
- True excitement about building a Global Team
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.