Recruiter at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a proactive and personable Recruiter to further expand the PerkSpot team. Your sourcing and interviewing strategies will set the tone for an organization supporting individuals working at some of the largest employers and companies in America.
Our employees are the backbone of everything we do here at PerkSpot. As a member of our HR department, you will source passive and active candidates to fill our open positions. Through sourcing, interviewing, and hiring prospective employees, you’ll play an integral part in building our team. Your recruiting expertise will be utilized to the fullest as you work with executives and team leads to understand their business needs and consult them on the recruiting process.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Human Resources Team
The Human Resources team at PerkSpot plays a crucial part in our success. By acting as a resource to future and current employees, the team is responsible for setting the tone of the company’s culture (and we’re VERY proud of our culture!). From day one, you’ll partner with team members to find, contact, and build relationships with candidates in every industry from Marketing to Engineering to Sales. You and your team will be responsible for managing candidate pipelines, providing interview communication and updates, and facilitating the hiring and onboarding process.
Life as a Recruiter:
- Sourcing, contacting, and managing candidates for open positions, ranging from entry to director level, through use of LinkedIn, job listing boards, and our internal ATS
- Overseeing active job listings; selecting, screening, and acting as a main point of contact for candidates
- Building an ongoing pipeline of qualified candidates
- Coordinating interviews between candidates and department heads
- Supervising the hiring and onboarding process, from initial offer letter through the first 90 days
- Attending (virtual and in-person) networking events and job fairs as a PerkSpot brand ambassador
- Meeting with team managers and leadership to assess their individual needs and advise on ways to best meet these
- Continuously seeking out new developments and tools within the marketplace
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in recruiting and talent sourcing, preferably within a high-growth and/or startup environment; in-house preferred
- Background recruiting for a variety of industries, including tech; experience recruiting for director-level positions is a plus!
- Experience strategizing business growth and team structure
- Proficiency in tools like LinkedIn Recruiter and applicant tracking systems
- Positive, thoughtful approach to candidate communication; experience acting as an advocate for prospective employees
- Ability to independently manage several active searches at once while maintaining a high standard of work and strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an outgoing, personable demeanor
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work well within a team
- Desire to thrive within a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
Your First Few Months
Beginning on the first day, you will work with the HR team and other department heads to learn about PerkSpot, our company culture, and our employment needs. From there, you’ll learn how to operate our ATS, JazzHR, and how the hiring process works. Soon, you’ll be sourcing, interviewing, and closing - working to hire and retain the best talent possible. You will also collaborate with team members on special HR projects as needed. As a Recruiter, you will have the unique opportunity to shape PerkSpot’s success from the inside out, and make a lasting impression on the platform’s success for years to come.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.