Recruiter at TopstepTrader
At Topstep, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
In order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in 2020 and beyond, we need to expand our recruiting team! We're looking for a dedicated, diversity-minded recruiting professional who has experience in the full cycle of recruiting. This is our first official recruiting hire, and you'll be happy to hear that not only are our hiring managers engaged and cooperative, we just signed with Greenhouse to kick off 2020 right! That should make hiring 30-40 new team members a piece of cake. We also think it's important to mention that we’re being proactive about building a diverse and inclusive team now, while we’re small, and we're eager to hear how you can help us.
The successful candidate will also have a genuine enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and be able to excel in a fast-paced, high energy start-up environment.
Excited about this opportunity? Read on, keeping mind that we strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Topstep believes that diverse people and ideas result in better business, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- The Recruiter role is an ideal opportunity to directly impact cross-departmental and full cycle recruiting efforts
- The Recruiter will work closely with our People and Culture Manager, as well as department heads, to support an objective hiring process and enjoyable candidate experience
- You’ll work on sourcing, candidate communication, scheduling, reference checks, and phone screens along with leading kickoff meetings and consistently guiding hiring managers
- Autonomy is built into this role; we focus more on the people than the metrics
- Process is important because it’s built to support the people in the process, from hiring managers and candidates to recruiters and interviewers
- Attend networking events and career fairs, along with helping Topstep host occasional events
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of full cycle recruiting best practices. It’s important to note that, to us, “hiring best practices” and “diversity in hiring best practices” are one in the same.
- People skills. You know the importance of building strong working relationships with hiring managers to predict their needs and hold them accountable, and you naturally empathize with candidates. This process doesn’t work without trust, respect, and collaboration.
- Organization skills are crucial. We’ll be eager to hear how you do it!
- Sourcing experience on a wide variety of channels. This will be a large percentage of your accountability when roles are open and active
- Smart and approachable. Our internal team and external candidates are equally important clients, so establishing a great rapport is one of the most important aspects of the role
- Experience in tech recruiting is a plus so call that out if you have it, but don’t hesitate to apply if not
- Familiarity with Greenhouse ATS, or similar, is also a plus
- Excellent English writing skills, attention to detail, time management skills, and overall positive attitude. We thought these were assumed, but better safe than sorry.
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Generous paid family leave, plus flexible ramp up period upon return, and extra PTO days
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- #TopstepTravel, a semi-regular raffle for luxury accommodations in a variety of cities
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Graceful Leave Policy
- Casual work environment and dress code
- Summer Friday (flexible) hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your dependent and health care needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is Topstep the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.