Recruiter/HR Business Partner – Business Operations
Title: Recruiter/HR Business Partner – Business Operations
Hundreds of thousands of trades per day. That’s what we do. We hire the strongest quantitative minds to develop and optimize our trading strategies. Additionally, our success relies on the talent within our support teams who provide the subject matter expertise and operational mindset that are critical to running our business. This includes teams such as Corporate Strategy, Finance, HR, Risk and Compliance, all of which comprise our Business Operations function.
As the Recruiter and HR Business Partner for Business Operations, you’ll be responsible for partnering with a broad group of business leaders to recruit, manage and develop top talent within these teams.
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary global market maker, trading on major financial markets around the world. We opened our first office in Amsterdam and now have locations in Chicago, Shanghai, and Sydney. We employ over 900 highly educated professionals worldwide who are continuously improving the way we work and striving for excellence in everything we do. Being good is not good enough, and it is every employee’s responsibility to make our company better. Founded in 1986, Optiver has been profitable every year of its existence.
What you’ll do:
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Partner with hiring managers to understand broader business goals and departmental goals in order to define and prioritize hiring needs
• Provide strong consultative support as needed to further define hiring needs which may include things such as role definition, reporting structure, success profile and/or compensation strategy
• Support hiring managers on creating, often times from scratch, strong sourcing and assessment strategies for a unique and diverse set of roles across multiple teams
• Lead end-to-end sourcing and recruitment initiatives for all business operations roles, upholding our commitment to a world class candidate experience
• Develop a deep understanding of current and future talent needs across business operations teams and partner with Managers to build strong teams and support the development of top talent
• Provide hands-on and day-to-day support to Managers within Business Operations across a broad range of HR topics such as performance management, employee relations, change management and team effectiveness
• May assist in leading projects or supporting the HR team outside immediate responsibilities, where capability and capacity align, to include assistance on talent development initiatives, handling phone screens during our busy campus season, or leading a continuous improvement initiative within HR.
What you’ll need:
• At least 3-5 years relevant work experience, to include 1-2 years minimum in Recruiting and 1-2 years minimum in an HR Business Partner or Generalist role
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Excellent talent assessment and candidate management skills
• Proven track record at building strong trust and credibility with key stakeholders
• Ability to provide strong consultative expertise within Recruiting and HR for a broad group of business functions with diverse needs
• Demonstrated results-driven performance in a team centric environment
• Continuous improvement mindset and ability to work in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Solid project management skills and ability to manage competing priorities
What you’ll get:
25 days paid vacation; paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount; attractive bonus structure; training opportunities; generous 401K company match; fully paid health insurance premiums; breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided daily; weekly in-house chair massages; casual dress; game room and more!