Recruitment Partner (Sales & Success) at Sprout Social
At Sprout Social, people and culture are at the forefront of everything we do—a fact underscored by multiple Best Places to Work awards and a 4.9 rating on Glassdoor. As members of the Sprout People team, we are champions of Sprout’s unique culture. Doing our jobs effectively means every candidate has an incredible experience with Sprout Social, every team member is successful from day one, and every business unit has the talent and support needed to meet and exceed aggressive goals.
As a Recruitment Partner, you’ll use your domain expertise to grow our Sales & Success teams. You will help to find the best talent in our industry by using an established personal network and community-driven approach to engage the right talent who will make a positive contribution to our culture and our company's success. This is the chance to expand your skills in a role that blends recruiting with user research, process iteration, and cross-functional partnership across the organization.
Since this role is about raising the bar, we’re looking for someone with proven success full-cycle recruiting experience with sales & success roles in high-growth environments. You should also have a creative approach to finding the best talent. Sourcing is a major part of our hiring strategy, so you should be confident in your abilities to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with a diverse group of top talent.
We’re looking for a creative, collaborative, and inquisitive learner to build diverse teams with us. If you love making connections with people and are looking to grow your recruiting skills with a best in class team, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- A consistent track record of meeting and exceeding hiring goals
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Sales recruiting experience in a high-growth environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to celebrate change and embrace accountability
Within 1 Month, you will:
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to recruitment.
- Develop relationships with hiring managers to understand roles and their talent needs. Conduct initial 1:1s with hiring managers and other strategic partners throughout the company to identify what a successful relationship looks like and how you will work together.
- Dive into sourcing to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with diverse top talent. You’ll be in the driver’s seat to make sure the Sales and Success teams are considering and hiring candidates from a variety of backgrounds, education levels, and experience levels.
- Immerse yourself in learning about the culture, products, and teams of Sprout to creatively market our our award winning culture to prospects and candidates.
- Learn our People team tools and processes. We want you to dive in and help us find ways we can optimize our processes. Don't be afraid to give us feedback; we welcome it.
Within 3 Months, you will:
- Manage your own candidate pipeline and take ownership of active candidates. You’ll partner with our recruiting team to learn our interview processes, ideal candidate profiles, and how to manage your own workflow.
- Drive decisions/action within hiring teams and close top talent with your hiring manager partners and teams.
- Collaborate with Recruitment Manager to create a recruitment strategy for your assigned Sales and Success roles and project manage its success.
- Meet weekly with your hiring managers to understand wins, gaps, and highest priority roles. Provide metrics and conversion rate updates to help carry out improvements and iterations.
- Learn the unique art of writing impact job descriptions (what you’re currently reading). You’ll coach your hiring managers when they write their next one.
- Leverage our recruiting tools, sourcing strategies, and our referral program to add to your growing pipeline.
- Be close to closing your first candidate whom you have brought full-cycle through the recruiting process.
- Build connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Be seen as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders and the hiring managers you support through your own successful placements and execution of process improvements.
- Use data and your own expertise to identify inefficiencies and innovate / improve your process and pipeline. Take your metrics from Sprout’s Recruiting Dashboard, diagnose areas that need attention, and create and execute a plan.
- Collaborate with Recruitment Manager to create and deliver Hiring Manager training and support for the Sales and Success teams.
- Champion our values by continuously building a diverse pipeline of critical passive talent for Sprout, specifically sales talent from underrepresented groups.
- Have your first performance conversation with your manager, where you’ll discuss your accomplishments in your role and work together to build goals for your professional growth.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Partner with Recruitment Manager to identify a plan for marketing and community engagement to drive more applicants and interest to your inbound pipeline and sourcing efforts.
- Actively cultivate a pipeline for commonly recruited roles within assigned areas and ensure teams are trained and incentivized to participate in outreach.
- Drive projects from start to finish, with multiple cross-functional stakeholders and executive stakeholders.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.