Recruitment Specialist at Catch Co.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful and highly motivated Recruitment Specialist to join our rapidly growing team at Catch Co! In this role, you will partner closely with the People Team, hiring managers and interviewers to ensure a memorable and outstanding candidate experience. You will build strong relationships with current and potential employees, strategically build pipelines and must be a strong demonstrator of our core values to ensure a best in class candidate experience at every touchpoint. The Recruitment Specialist will be a valued member of our People Team, and will be able to directly impact the success of our company by contributing to our goal of hiring a team of A-Players.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with hiring managers to clearly define the job description and hiring plan for any recruitment process
- Own and execute the tactical steps in our Applicant Tracking System, including scheduling, candidate communication, scorecard set-up and pipeline management
- Play a strategic role in distributing and promoting job descriptions on various boards and websites
- Support Catch Co’s DEI initiatives in recruiting and retention
- Lead active sourcing initiatives where required by proactively identifying and engaging with passive candidates using tools like LinkedIn, alumni groups and social media
- Use data to identify parts of the recruiting process that can be optimized or made more efficient and work cross-functionally towards resolving them
- Conduct interviews where requested, especially initial phone screens
- Contribute to interviewer training sessions
- Support final candidate decision making process
- Assist with special projects on the People team relating to employee engagement, culture and event planning
What you need:
- 1+ years of experience in recruiting and/or a Bachelor's degree in HR or a related field
- A love for connecting with people. You have impeccable verbal and written communication skills, and a knack for building relationships.
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative and solve problems creatively.
- Proven ability to be quick on your feet, manage multiple priorities and overlapping deadlines.
- Experience with calendar management is a plus.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, preferably Greenhouse, a plus.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.