Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
The Regional HR Generalist will be responsible for supporting our employees in all areas of Human Resources such as policy development, employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, employment law compliance and department development.
- Responsible for guidance to all employees to insure consistent adherence to HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Responsible for pro-active employee relations, communication support, and internal management consultation as they relate to the Human Resource function.
- Assist with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all Strategic HR management programs
- Manage Worker's Compensation Insurance issues, including making recommendations to facilitate the timely closing of claims.
- Conduct investigations on employee, customer and vendor complaints, including, but not limited to, harassment, discrimination and violation of company policies
- Manage leave of absence activities.
- Coordinate, facilitate and/or assist in all training activities.
- Provide prompt and accurate guidance to employees regarding all benefit programs including timely orientation programs.
- Maintain all personnel records in accordance with EEO, privacy, and related requirements.
- Advise management teams regarding prompt and accurate completion of all status changes and in assuring prompt and accurate updated information in the HRIS system.
- Promote working together with all departments to build continual improvement within the company.
- Partner with Benefits Team to understand all company policies, field employee questions, and coordinate vendor activities/communications
- Assist in the analysis and coordination of compensation-related activities (e.g., merit, benchmarking, analysis)
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
JOB DUTIES & SKILLS
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Must be able to consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure work flow efficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Prior exposure to HRIS systems (knowledge of SuccessFactors a plus)
- Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of general employment laws, EEO/AAP and policy development.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]