Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
This is a high profile role located out of the Chicago Headquarters, in which you will be responsible for the acquisition of new sales talent into Echo. You will work in conjunction with department managers to proactively source, screen and procure new hires into Client and Carrier Sales. You will be the face of the organization for prospective candidates.
• Candidate sourcing and pipeline creation.
• Behavioral based interviewing, candidate assessment and follow up.
• Organization of your candidate pool.
• College/University recruiting.
• Creation and presentation of job offers.
• Work in conjunction with HR and Training staff to ensure effective on-boarding
• Establish strong working relationship with department managers.
• Assist in maintenance and improvement of the Echo "employment brand".
Perform all day-to-day activities necessary to ensure that open positions are filled with highly qualified candidates in a timely manner.
• Creatively source prospective candidates to create interest in working for Echo
• Conduct phone interviews to determine if candidates are a good fit for the Client or Carrier sales role.
o Assess past experience, communication skills and technical knowledge
o Describe the scope of work the candidate is applying to, an overview of the company and the larger landscape of the logistics industry.
o Schedule candidates for face to face interviews when applicable.
• Conduct face to face interviews to further assess candidates' viability.
• Create candidate profiles and assessments to be used by hiring managers in making final decisions.
• Coordinate further interviews with VP of sales departments when applicable.
• Coordinate shadowing sessions with existing employees to ensure transparency about the position.
• Track all candidate correspondence and pipeline in ATS (applicant tracking system)
• Create new hire offers.
• Prior recruiting experience highly preferred.
• Strong business acumen.
• Innate instincts in assessing people's character and skills.
• Proven "take charge" performer who is successful at multi-tasking
• Impeccable communication skills.
• Enjoys and thrives in fast-paced, fluid work environment
• Very organized and detail-oriented
• BA/BS Degree in business or related field
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.