Senior Director of People
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We know that our people are the reason behind our success. Today, we have a small but nimble team covering HR functions from hiring to benefits administration and we’re looking for someone to lead that group, both in strategy and HR expertise. We’re committed to make Tempus a premier employer and are excited for the road ahead.
What You’ll Do
- Advise and influence leaders on organizational design, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance management, and compensation
- Help drive a culture that embodies our values that rewards high performers and encourages growth within the organization
- Help scale and optimize our team as we begin to grow offices in other states and countries
- Help develop, implement, and manage a competitive compensation program with market analysis, pay structuring, and cost analysis
- Collaborate with our executive leadership team to champion employee engagement initiatives based on business objectives and the big picture
- Advocate for employees, learning, and diversity and inclusion while developing fair and consistent employment standards across all offices
- Provide expertise in compliance and regulatory matters, both country-wide and internationally
- Create learning and development programs as we scale to ensure we’re engaging top performers and creating an environment of growth
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA is a plus
- 10 - 15 years of increasing responsibility in the HR function within fast-moving, quickly-growing organizations
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate across the organization
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong leadership ability and desire to develop skilled teams
- Expertise in US and international employment and compliance standards
- Demonstrated ability in retention, L&D, D&I, compensation, benefits, and employee engagement
- Deep understanding of employment laws and experiencing inforcing key labor laws including FMLA, EEO, ADA, etc.