Senior HR Business Partner, Software at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewYou will join the HR team for the software, mobile video and chief technology organizations, who are developing software solutions to enable our public safety and enterprise customers to be their best in the moments that matter. We are a fast paced, collaborative team that believes in being creative and innovative in our approach! We believe in having fun while we work and staying connected through the day in our chat room.
As an HR Business Partner at Motorola Solutions, you will partner with employees, managers and business leaders to provide best in class HR consulting with market aligned talent practices and a high level of customer service. You will advise business leaders regarding talent management, compensation, change management, culture, inclusion , equity and diversity, organizational design and employee relations.
This role can be based in Chicago, Boston or Salt Lake City. All of these locations have an MSI office along with a base of employees and senior leadership.
- In this role you’ll perform a variety of activities including:
- Consult with senior leaders through the entire talent lifecycle to provide MSI talent the best experience and to ensure the business strategy can be accomplished.
- Partner with the HR COEs (Center of Excellence) and fellow HR team members to build talent capability across the organization through talent acquisition, talent development, succession planning, and inclusion, equity & diversity
- Produce, analyze and present data driven solutions to the business and other areas of HR.
- Lead end-to-end employee and manager issue review and resolution. Partnering with all areas and levels of Motorola Solutions (MSI) to provide resolution along with longer term root cause analysis to why issue occurred, make recommendations and drive improvement initiatives.
- Provide counsel to employees and management in the areas of talent acquisition, leadership, employee relations, talent management, performance management, rewards, and recognition.
- Assist with the integration of acquisitions to provide the employees a positive employment experience
- Participate in (and in some instances lead) key projects/initiatives (e.g. merit and bonus process, acquisitions, job code cleanup, market benchmarking, etc.) and successfully drive to closure.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our company's strategy, business operations, culture and competition with particular knowledge around key HR functions.
- Work with other members of the Global HR team to identify and implement business process improvements.
- Ensure the consistent application of (and compliance with) HR and company policies, processes and systems.
- Work collaboratively with business leadership and COE's for organizational changes.
- Build strong working relationships within other areas of HR to gain and share knowledge of changes, new programs, policies, etc. with employees and managers.
- Completes special projects and objectives, conducts research, develops and organizes information and delivers results.
- Conducts exit interviews and provides off-boarding support to employees.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition in support of Campus Recruiting and social media branding as it relates to specific areas of the business and /or open positions.
- Additional experience/knowledge:
- PHR, SHRM-CP or equivalent professional certification is a plus
- Strong business acumen and HR experience with a proven track record as a HR partner
- Ability to work with all levels of employees from hourly, interns, entry level to Vice Presidents
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, work under pressure within established time constraints, meet deadlines and objectives
- Strong problem resolution skills and the ability to effectively respond to questions and concerns from employees and managers, along with other stakeholders.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, policies and procedures across Human Resources.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with line level employees through senior leaders
- Well organized and detail oriented with an ability to multitask.
- Independent thinker, self-starter, and a team player.
- Has sound judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally via verbal and written communication.
- Customer-focused mindset with high level of professionalism, employee confidentiality and discretion
- Experience thriving in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment that is results oriented and collaborative
- Ability to simultaneously manage both strategic initiatives and the execution of day-to-day deliverables
- Experience with Workday and the Google Suite Apps a plus, also
- Experience supporting software talent and leadership in a highly competitive market
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of Human Resources experience, which may be a combination of HR COE and HR Business Partner
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.