Senior HR Business Partner at PEAK6
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were
one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business.
Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of the HR team at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm. You’ll work across several of our businesses and have genuine opportunities to shape the future of our HR efforts and reinforce a growing, thriving culture. This role will report to the VP of Human Resources.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building relationships with business leaders, employees, and within the HR organization across the Capital Management, Shared Services, and Strategic Capital business units.
- Working closely with business leaders and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partnering with functional HR leaders to develop new and innovative solutions to help drive key HR initiatives across the organization including employee on-boarding, compensation, talent acquisition, performance management, workforce planning, professional development, and succession planning.
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues. Conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Providing day to day performance management and policy guidance to business leaders (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions).
- Developing and implementing change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced, and changing environment
- Financial services/trading industry and/or tech industry experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven partnership ability – both strategist and practitioner of HR programs – with a strong track record of successfully implementing people programs and initiatives
- Ability to influence senior leadership is essential
- Proven analytical ability
- Ability to facilitate and coach business leaders and their leadership teams
- Ability to problem solve, manage conflict, and build relationships with people at all levels of an organization
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
As a PEAK6 Senior Human Resources Business Partner, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Corn hole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program