Senior HR Business Partner
Join the CSG HR Team to help create organizational capability and a dynamic workplace of the future by igniting, developing and optimizing the talents of our passionate and creative contributors.
The Senior HR Business Partner is a “master” integrator, working with leaders across CSG to align structure, processes, programs, and employees with CSG’s business’s vision, mission, and overall objectives. The Senior HR Business Partner plays an active and integral part in the company’s employment branding, culture and engagement efforts; an active role in driving change and evolving the company performance-oriented culture and values.
They are also responsible for delivering a comprehensive and consumer-driven people service, aligning both people management and commercial strategies utilizing these 4 principles:
- Flexibility: Our customers expect agility from CSG. Our team members expect choice, customization, and empowerment. To meet the demands of a changing business world, we must be nimble internally and externally.
- Modernization: To thrive, our tools, programs, and processes must be market competitive, streamlined, and effective. We need to monitor, understand, and leverage current trends to our advantage.
- High Performance: To achieve and sustain success, we must drive growth and high performance. Our team members must be challenged to stretch, excel, and deliver results and our development and rewards systems must be designed to facilitate excellence, internally and externally.
- Simplicity: Our world is complex. Your employee experience shouldn’t be. We need to deliver ‘just enough HR’ with streamlined programs and services that are valuable, easy to understand, and use. We are committed to eliminating barriers to productivity, not creating them.
Objectives and Responsibilities of the Senior HR Business Partner
Internal Management Consultant & Employee Advocate: The Senior HR Business Partner consults with the business’s leadership and management to foster and promote the engagement of the business’s core values can culture at all levels. This role also assists management and leadership in resolving employee relation issues, conducting effective investigations, and recommending action for sensitive and complex situations. They coach the business’s departmental heads and management in performance management processes, compensation and remuneration programs, recruitment practices, and management decision making.
Strategy: The Senior HR Business Partner plays a critical role in aligning the people, process, and structure to the overall business strategy. In this strategic role, the Senior HR Business Partner facilitates effective implementation of new people management initiatives across all levels of the organization, ensuring relevancy to each team impacted.
The Senior HR Business Partner reviews gaps in leadership capability across departments within the business and develops action plans accordingly, collaborating with the HR COEs as appropriate. In this capacity, the Senior HR Business Partner will analyze human resources program activity, conduct performance analyses of the programs, prepare reports and proposals from findings, and present them to senior management for consideration.
Collaboration: The Senior HR Business Partner collaborates with the business’s departmental heads as well as HR Centers of Excellence and HR team members in developing various solutions to further drive business results such as recruitment plans, identifying training needs, and advocating for continuous learning for employees where necessary. The Senior HR Business Partner also partners with stakeholders and business partners in ensuring that the best practices are being adopted, ensuring the delivery of projects as required, as well as ensuring that key deliverables are met within the specified timelines.
Knowledge and Opportunity: The Senior HR Business Partner maintains a clear and detailed knowledge of the industry trends, best practices, and labor legislation for region being supported. This guaranteeing efficient people management practices within the business leading to employee satisfaction.
They are also very active in social, cultural, and educational projects that reflect the values and beliefs of the business. The Senior HR Business Partner strives to monitor and challenge existing employee policies and procedures in the business, constantly ensuring alignment with the business’s values and the external legislations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 6-8 years of directly related business experience and demonstrated success as an HR Business Partner
- 3 years related business experience with employment law and practices in the United States. Canadian employment law and practices experience a plus.
- Experience working in the Information Technology / Software Development industry is an advantage
- Experience Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field preferable
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Proven ability to partner and influence at all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with workforce planning, and reporting/analysis of workforce metrics a plus
- Travel as appropriate to implement strategic initiatives, approximately 15-25% or as needed to support the business