Senior HR Manager
Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenge and opportunities to make impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
- Coach business leaders on people strategy including team structure, organizational design, hiring, performance management, compensation, recognition, and learning development.
- Be an advisor to business leaders on issues relating to policy interpretation and employee relations; lead investigations; build out performance management tools and processes; offer coaching techniques and support execution of performance improvement plans.
- Advise and execute on statutory, compliance, employee relations, compensation, benefits, policies, and procedural issues across the company ensuring organizational compliance with federal, state, and local legislation on all people matters.
- Strategically lead and drive pay-for-performance including salary planning, promotions, resource planning, and talent calibration for all functions.
- Proactively assess team, employee, and manager development needs to make recommendations and partner with HR team members in Talent Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Recruiting to implement the right solutions;
- Drive a high-performance and coaching culture.
- Partner with Talent Development on the analysis and interpretation of engagement survey results, identifying trends and collaborating with leaders to identify and implement action planning.
- Conduct exit interviews to inform talent and retention strategy.
- Improve effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s organizational design including initiatives that break down silos and promote collaboration; ensure the right structure, talent, and processes are in place across the organization to drive business results and growth.
- Drive a positive employee, manager and candidate experience.
- Analyze and communicate insights using key talent metrics to provide guidance to the business.
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources experience as an HR Business Partner in a fast paced company or tech environment; Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Strong experience in performance management, change management, and employee communications.
- Strong business and HR acumen.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to coach managers to use company best practices for maximum effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Sense of urgency and a bias to action.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with an understanding of when to escalate issues.
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership, and a proactive approach.
- Confidence in handling ambiguity, impeccable judgment, and sense of pragmatism.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to work through conflict and resistance to identify win/win solutions.
- Competitive Benefits package
- Free PPO Medical plan option with BCBS.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & Soul Cycle classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.