Senior Manager Employee Relations at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for managing an employee relations team. Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of ER strategies, programs, and policies that promote productive and positive relationships between managers, employees, and co-workers by helping to prevent and resolve issues between individuals. Ensures efficient and effective processes and procedures are in place and are being followed consistently in order to resolve issues in an expedient manner, that individuals are treated fairly, and that actions taken are in compliance with company policy and government regulations.
- Handles the more complex and sensitive ER matters at their location, which will include certain director-level and other key position ER issues, and investigates formal charges from government agencies.
- Helps to develop, implement, and ensure the efficient and effective processes and procedures are in place and are being followed consistently in order to resolve issues in an expedient manner, that individuals are treated fairly, and that actions taken are in compliance with company policy and government regulations.
- Leads the team that oversees day-to-day ER operations with responsibilities that include but are not limited to, advice and guidance to managers, handles violations and internal fraud risk assessments, addresses domestic violence situations providing advice and counsel to employees, investigates internal complaints regarding fair treatment and compliance with ER policies and laws, manages ER compliance, ensures employee relations training is developed and provided, policy guidance to managers and employees on the interpretation of policies and procedures, supports the exit process, manages health and safety issues as it relates to threats to employees, Workers’ Compensation issues and accommodations, maintains ER records, gathers and analyzes data to identify trends and gaps, and ensures appropriate training for managers and employees is provided to mitigate risks, and promotes a more engaged workforce.
- Assists in taking proactive measures, based on internal data, changes in employment law, and ER company policies, to ensure education is provided to the appropriate audiences with the goal of minimizing legal risk and preventing the unfair treatment of employees.
- Responsible for developing and modifying ER policies and procedures; training for ER staff. Manages and coaches a team of ER professionals.
- Drives continual improvement and service delivery excellence within the HR functional area by ensuring a well-controlled environment through effective processes, workflow, and technology.
- Participates in, and may lead, projects with a significant scope/impact. Represents ER in audits and associated action plans.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Psychology, Business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 10+ years of experience in employee relations-related experience, such as corrective action and/or employee complaints
- In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of experience in employee relations-related experience, such as corrective action and/or employee complaints, including people management
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.