Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for an HR Business Partner to join our growing Talent Team and partner with the business to appropriately structure Employee Policies & Processes, address Employee Relations concerns, provide coaching and support to people managers, drive DEI efforts, and ensure successful delivery of Talent initiatives across the company.
You will work in a collaborative environment with leaders across the company, and own projects that ensure we’re optimizing the employee experience, mitigating employment-related risk, and building relationships to support our people managers as they lead critical initiatives to enable business growth. Your role will offer autonomy, leadership-facing opportunities, and most importantly, the sense of accomplishment that comes with being responsible for the most important growth effort for a company, its people.
What you will do at Avant
- Build an overall Talent Business Partner strategy that aligns with our broader Talent & organizational strategy & initiatives
- Stay up-to-speed on critical trends & best practices in employment law, particularly within the Tech and Financial Services industries, and ensure appropriate application to Avant
- Work with cross-functional partners to build processes & policies to ensure that our Talent team drives a flawless employee experience
- Provide leadership coaching to people managers, and serve as a liaison between people managers and the broader Talent function, including Performance & Training, Compensation & Benefits, and Talent Acquisition
- Handle complex Employee Relations issues in both the Corporate and Operations environments, and work cross-functionally to resolve
- Work with Operations leadership and HR specialist to build policies that drive call center performance
- Ensure continued compliance with all Federal, State, and local employment and safety laws related to COVID-19, and work with our TA & Employee Experience team to support optimization of the remote work environment
- Manage & coach a small team.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
- 8+ years of HR Business Partner, Employee Relations/Policy, or comparable experience, including 4+ years of people management experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written), and the ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to apply significant discretion & empathy in sensitive situations
- Experience working with a large, non-exempt employee population
- Strategic, big-picture thinking combined with execution skills to ensure that we’re getting things done
- Excellent understanding of employment law & compliance, and ability to apply that understanding in a commercial manner
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong data analytics & excel skills, as well as comfort in operating within HRIS platforms & Google Suite
- Experience collaborating across multiple functional areas
- Strong bias for action
- Working understanding of Compensation & Benefits, Leadership Development, and Talent Acquisition strategy preferred
- Prior experience in Technology or Financial Services preferred
- You believe the employee experience is at the core of successful results
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.