Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Senior Manager, Payroll role is responsible for leading the payroll team that oversees multi-state payroll processing (45+ states) for approximately 4,000 employees and growing. This role is a key business partner with other functions to drive improvements to ensure scalability as the business continues to grow, while also ensuring an exceptional employee experience. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to partner with our world-class product development team to drive improvements in current and future product offerings.
Reports To: Corporate Controller in the Accounting department
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage payroll processing of 45+ states for approximately 4,000 employees including salaried and hourly non-union, status changes, special payrolls, and sales commission processing.
- Lead, coach, and develop the payroll team that oversees multi-state payroll processing.
- Ensure accurate and timely remittance of payroll taxes, filing of returns, and issuing W-2 forms.
- Partner with internal functions to identify and drive process improvements to ensure scalability as the business continues to grow.
- Leverage technology solutions that not only improve efficiency but also create an improved experience for Paylocity employees.
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators (KPI’s), and SLA metrics for the team.
- Partner with our world-class product development team to drive improvements in current and future product offerings
- Alignment with HR on payroll-related matters including, but not limited to new hire entry, PTO requests, rehire information, and process and entry of pay raises
- Serve as a key business partner to Finance, Compensation and Benefits, and Human Resources, leading and/or supporting projects to address Paylocity’s business needs and achieve company goals.
- Respond to pay, tax, and other related inquiries from management, colleagues, and other internal departments or outside agencies
- Oversee and monitor internal controls to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing.
- Oversee and continue to evaluate policies as it relates to matters such garnishments, advances, commissions, etc.
- Develops payroll integration strategies for acquisitions
- Partner with the equity compensation team to ensure accurate tax withholding and reporting
- Partner with the Sales Commissions team to ensure accurate and timely commission payments
- Maintain awareness of current practices in payroll, tax regulations, laws, and policies
- Assistance with Worker’s Comp and 401k audits
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by management
- 8+ years experience in payroll or related positions required
- Prior experience managing, coaching, and developing a payroll team required
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll and all state and federal regulations associated
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications – Excel especially
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
- CPP designation preferred.
- Experience with acquisitions preferred
- Experience using Paylocity preferred
- Comfortable with a growing, fast-paced environment
- A high degree of focus on providing an excellent employee experience
- A proactive, motivated, results-oriented individual capable of building networks across the Company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to confidently present complex information to all levels of the Company
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.