Senior Payroll Specialist
Senior Payroll Specialist
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a full-time Senior Payroll Specialist to join our Shared Services function.
Areas of Responsibility:
The ideal candidate has a minimum of seven years of experience supporting payroll administration in the consulting industry or corporate environment. Will play a vital role in driving consistent semi-monthly processing of payroll for over 1000 employees in multiple states, driving our tax compliance including complex states like California and New York, supporting employee payroll and tax issues and driving strategic initiatives in payroll. This person will by aligned to Talent Operations and also work closely with our payroll functions.
Responsibilities for this position include:
* Manages the activities of payroll analyst in a centralized payroll function in carrying out responsibility for timely and accurate payroll processing.
* Process payroll for over 1,000 employees, including new hire setup, terminations and ancillary payments/checks.
* Reviews and analyzes additions and changes to payroll system data (e.g., salary, hours worked, overtime, bonus, benefits, 401k, taxes, garnishments and levies) and to payroll records (e.g., changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers)
* Works closely with Talent Operations team to support the payroll and tax requests of employees
* Provides customer service to resolve and respond to any payroll questions or issues from employees and managers.
* Ensures proper governmental reporting and compliance. Including year-end reporting and issuance of W2’s. Stays updated with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
* Completes audits of payroll and tax information to proactively work with employees and agencies on resolution
* Stays abreast of emerging knowledge in payroll and tax law
* Minimum 6 years of Payroll Management experience with progressive experience; professional services industry experience preferred;
* Experience working within a consulting environment or professional services is highly preferred.
* Knowledge of advanced payroll processes and accounting skills for payroll related transactions in a company of 1000+employees preferred.
* Knowledge of payroll related federal and state regulations and compliance requirements.
* Ability to manage and resolve complex and sensitive situations while managing confidential information appropriately and professionally.
* Knowledge in ADP Workforce Now
* Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* The ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with senior management.
* High energy, positive attitude, self-starter, and independent thinker.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills with high degree of EQ.
* Bachelor’s degree.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.