Senior People Operations Associate at Flexport
Build the People Ops org here at Flexport
Flexport is seeking a highly motivated, hands-on generalist to support all day-to-day HR operations and global people programs. Reporting to the Director, People Operations, you will act as the face of HR and be responsible for supporting Flexport’s new hire on-boarding and off-boarding processes, demonstrating thoughtful communication and detailed record-keeping. You will own your own projects, and be actively involved with all parts of the business on a daily basis, working cross functionally with other teams and handling highly confidential information. Finally, and most importantly, you seek to continually improve processes and performance to be more scalable and efficient, and to better serve the Flexport team globally.
This role is ideal for someone with some experience in human resources who is looking to grow their career by learning to support a variety of human resources disciplines. To thrive in this role, you must enjoy a relentless pursuit of quality service, process efficiency, rapid scale, and automation.You will:
- Act as a secondary point of contact for escalations and provide excellent customer service for a wide range of questions covering topics like benefits, visas, onboarding, orientation events, and leaves of absences
- Process a variety of employment-related changes within our HRIS system, including employee status changes, pay changes, job changes, leaves of absence.
- Provide thought partnership to our internal stakeholders (compensation, immigration, compliance, payroll, IT, recruiting, benefits) by becoming subject matter expertise on all people ops related matters. Guiding conversations from a people ops perspective.
- Document and continuously improve all People Operations related employee resources to ensure that we focus on the employee empowerment and experience
- Participate in new Workday User Acceptance functionality testing.
- Identify areas of improvement and automation opportunities.
- Communicate recommendations on initiatives and influence stakeholders through data and thoughtful interpretation of findings
- At least 3 years experience as an HR/People Ops Associate or Generalist, preferably in a startup or rapid growth company
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Experience managing transactions in Workday HRIS is a must
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a high volume of concurrent tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Thorough research skills coupled with the ability to clearly and concisely present information and recommendations
- Proactive thought leader who can automate and streamline processes to allow for efficient company and team growth
- Demonstrated experience building cross-functional relationships across an organization
- Attentive listener, demonstrating clear, patient, and empathetic communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and/or G-Suite applications (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.