Senior Principal Talent Consultant at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
As member of the Talent Management function, the Senior Principal Talent Consultant is responsible for the design, development and delivery of processes, programs and tools as it relates to Discover’s performance and talent management strategies. He/she will manage best in class performance initiatives and programs that align with and drive our high performance culture such as talent reviews, succession and development planning, assessment process, and mobility across Discover Financial Services.
- Researches, designs, and develops best practice processes and tools to build strong leadership pipelines for the future and to drive performance differentiation across the organization to maximize business performance, engagement, retention and sustainability.
- Centrally manages the design, development, and distribution of all communications related to enterprise wide Succession planning, Talent Reviews, and internal mobility.
- Builds KPIs and leverages our TM and PM systems to extract key data to generate meaningful analysis and insights to share at the enterprise level with top management and the global Human Resources.
- Leads the development, communication, and implementation of practical corporate talent review, succession, and internal mobility processes that anticipate and act on business opportunities/challenges and promote meaningful, ongoing performance and development conversations between managers and employees.
- Develops processes and systems to support talent identification, assessment, development, and deployment. Provides the framework for talent assessment, identification, validation, and feedback processes across Discover so that HR Consultants and managers can use them effectively and consistently.
- Prepares and presents talent updates for relevant leadership, board and oversight groups.
- Stays abreast of best practices and trends in the field of performance management and recommends, designs and implements creative programs that develop employees and drive performance.
- Leads organizational career development efforts, including the development of a structured internal mobility program designed to ensure top talent at leadership levels are gaining the appropriate experiences they need to enhance and expedite their development and career progression.
- Actively supports the goals of the Talent Management organization as a whole and serves as an integrator of the efforts and viewpoints of multiple stakeholders including HRCs, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, etc.
- Drives continuous improvement using a combination of process discipline and innovation. Identifies weak or non-existent processes, analyzes organizational impacts, and takes action to build or strengthen them as needed.
- Tracks, analyzes, and provides reports to measure the effectiveness of performance and talent strategies. Links measurement tools to strategic objectives and uses them to assess progress against goals.
- Manages large-scale change management in areas of talent review, succession planning approaches, etc. Leverages the expertise of internal and external relationships to quickly anticipate risks, build buy-in, and manage change in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Social Sciences, Business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in HR Consulting, Business Partner, Talent Management, Organization Development, Learning and/or Change Management, Project Management, or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to consult with all levels of management, including senior management
- Combination of both strategic thinking and proven ability to execute leveraging project management and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to bring industry best-practices and apply to Discover in a flexible, creative way to meet business needs.
- Large scale project and change management expertise.
- Knowledge of current talent solutions, techniques and tools
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in HR, Social Sciences, Business, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in HR Consulting, Business Partner, Talent Management, Organization Development, Learning and/or Change Management, Project Management, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.