Senior Tech Recruiter
Manage full-cycle recruitment activities for Digital & Technology Engineering, Development, Innovation, Connectivity and End User Services from levels of individual contributor to Sr. Director for Global HQ.
Innovation is critical to the success of our business, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation development, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Empowered to operate as an innovation factory, our efforts represent the most important programs at both the mobile and global level. Join us and help leverage the most advanced and exciting technologies to build on Walgreens’ strategic vision to service the 9,000-plus, pharmacy-led, health and well-being retail stores worldwide.
In June 2018, it was announced that Walgreens will be opening a new tech center at the old Chicago Post Office located at 433 W. Van Buren St. With approximately, 200,000 square footage, the new center will welcome about 1,800 team members from IT and other business units. This move also includes a Chicago-based Walgreens University location, with it’s satellite site staying in Deerfield, IL.
Open this link and check it out: https://vimeo.com/287470483
- Conducts screening interviews for designated business units. Assess talent and generates qualified candidates through cost effective efforts in a timely manner.
- Adheres to the Talent Acquisition Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Fulfills business needs with agreed upon Service Level Agreements.
- Represents Walgreens’ Companies and the Walgreens’ Companies brand to candidates. May present offer to candidates and negotiate if needed following the Talent Acquisition SOP. Ensures timely follow-up with candidates to provide a positive candidate experience.
- Partners with Talent Principal to understand expectations, may participate in meetings to identify role specifications, and provides regular updates to the Talent Principal. Creates a communication pathway that promotes a partnership for acquiring the necessary talent. Prepares target lists for Principals and develops a sourcing strategy for each requisition. Also may participate in feedback sessions with hiring manager and Talent Principal.
- Makes initial candidate contact and builds relationships/ networks with prospects resulting in lead generation and developing prospect’s interest level in company opportunities.
- Manages accurate information in applicant tracking system. Maintains accurate candidate documentation to ensure legal compliance with employment practices, policies, procedures, and OFCCP regulations. Ensures compliance for EEO/Diversity Programs.
- Builds a robust network of top talent, gains market intelligence and assesses candidates to gauge talent alignment for a specific role and/or program area.
- Works with Taleo, Avature, LinkedIn, etc., CRM or similar ATS and CRM software tools.
- Oversees the requisition cycle and partners with Talent Strategy team. Interprets Talent Acquisitions plan with Talent Sourcing Team as needs develop and change.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 9,000+ drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of experience in a recruitment department or staffing agency or High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in a recruitment department or staffing agency.
- Experience utilizing behavioral interviewing and other assessment techniques.
- Experience in sourcing, screening, interviewing, and assessing talent.
- Experience with Taleo or similar recruiting software tools (Peopleclick, Kenexa, etc.).
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- At least 1 year of experience utilizing behavioral interviewing and other assessment techniques.
- AIRS Certification.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience working with OFCCP compliance guidelines.
- Experience recruiting for IT positions
- Experience working with director level and above roles