Senior Technical Recruiter
What You Will Do:
As a Technical Recruiter, you will be responsible for managing the day to day recruiting life cycle. As a recruiting leader, you will partner with hiring managers to create an operational recruiting process, build talent pipelines to attract top talent for CityBase and increase the CityBase employment brand within Chicago and other markets. This role will report into the HR & Recruiting Manager and will assist with managing the recruiting coordinator.
- Leads full cycle recruitment process for openings, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience and provides continuous follow-up with candidates
- Identifies and sources top talent by researching industry trends
- Provides consultative expertise to hiring managers as it pertains to the recruitment process, including partnering with managers to gather initial requirements, revise job descriptions, and set strategies that include assessing internal and external talent and sourcing passive and diverse candidates
- Lead the development of talent pipelines and programs (university, military and diversity) to ensure the growth of talent pools to support the needs of the business.
- Builds and maintain a strong candidate pipeline, by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the business and proactively responding to the business needs
- Actively builds the CityBase employment brand and improves organizational attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices
- Partners with Hiring Managers to develop interview guides for assessment, cultural assessment via phone interviews, and manages the candidate experience by ensuring that all candidates have a positive interaction with CityBase at all stages of the recruitment process
- Conducts onsite interviews and assists manager in making hiring decisions
- Makes salary offer recommendations, extends offers and closes candidates on salary and start date
- Partners with HR team to onboard new hires
- Stays up to date on emerging new software technologies
- Develops networking and referral base with community organizations and agencies to enhance our employment brand in the community, provide information about employment opportunities and to attract qualified candidates
- Performs ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience recruiting and filling technology focused positions from entry- level to senior-level positions in either an agency corporate environment
- 3+ years of technical recruiting experience; required
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, preferably experience with Agile/Scrum process
- Knowledge of object-oriented or functional programming, software testing, cloud and web-based architecture concepts
- Skilled in utilizing all tools available to source and find passive candidates including Boolean search technology. Social media, etc.
- Experience with working with an Applicant Tracking System, i.e. Greenhouse
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong passion for continuously learning
- Passionate about innovative ways to find exceptional talent
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) (currently no match)
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Flexible Spending Account, Pre-tax Commuter Program, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- A multitude of snacks and beverages
At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.
Interested in joining our team of 60-plus innovators at our Chicago headquarters? Check out our current job listings.