Sourcing Specialist (Contract Position)
Launched in 1998, Cars.com is a leading two-sided digital marketplace creating meaningful connections between buyers and sellers. We have been featured as one of the Top Workplaces by Chicago Tribune, Top 100 Digital Tech Companies in Chicago by Built In Chicago, Best Places to Work in IT by Computerworld and Top 10 Chicago Companies Where Techies Want to Work by Chicago Inno. We pride ourselves on being an innovative tour-de-force within the automotive industry, offering top-of-the-line digital media solutions to local dealers across the country and OEMs while helping consumers make informed decisions about one of life’s biggest purchases through expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry. Our recent acquisitions of DealerRater and Dealer Inspire have helped us on our mission to transform the car shopping experience.
The Talent Experience Team (TXT) is looking for a high energy contract Sourcing Specialist to join the team for a 3-month contract in our Chicago HQ. This is a key role to support the TXT in sourcing hard to difficult to place candidates for sales and operational roles. The ideal candidate will enjoy sourcing and selling Cars.com’s company value to active and passive candidates.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develop a strategy for candidate pipeline development and sourcing by utilizing all available tools, including our current career website, social media, job boards, recruiting tools, and cold calling
- Conduct first round phone interviews and present qualified candidates to the Sales and Operations Recruiters
- Identify and proactively reach out to a diverse talent pool of qualified candidates via LinkedIn, Indeed and Greenhouse (our current Applicant Tracking System)
- Develop and execute the search strategy, including active sourcing from competitors, creating and organizing LinkedIn projects to source against open positions
- Curate, create and post career ads to various online resources (i.e. LinkedIn Recruiter and third-party job boards)
- Partner with college career centers to establish a strong candidate pipeline for entry-level positions
- Maintain accurate data within the Applicant Tracking System; help generate reports and update business on progress of open positions.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as needed
- Experience with Boolean searches and establishing relationships with college career networks preferred
- Strong ability to source passive candidates through LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, and other third-party candidate sites
- Strong professional presence, communication, organization and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Must be flexible and have exceptional time management skills to prioritize competing tasks
- Comfortable with ambiguity and strong ability to take a lead with limited information
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information is essential
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year of sourcing experience