Sr. Analyst, Talent Operations
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant field
- 2+ years relevant professional experience in HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, or related discipline.
- Ability to clearly & concisely articulate ideas and issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- A curious mind that thrives in a fast paced environment and is motivated by diagnosing issues and continuously improving the new hire & candidate interview experience.
- A strong comfort with data and technology and the ability to use both to solve problems and improve processes.
- Ability to get work done efficiently and accurately – knowing when to escalate for support or guidance.
- Strong knowledge in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Positive, energetic attitude. No task is too big or small to tackle.
We’d love to see
- Aggressive self-starter that enjoys constantly making things better
- Experience working cross-functionally in a global capacity
- Experience with project planning
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Experience with Workday
Impact You'll Make:
- You will be responsible for ensuring an awesome global new hire experience while keeping TransUnion compliant in our hiring practices. This includes merger & acquisition onboarding and ownership of the US Employment Eligibility program.
- You will effectively handle multiple projects and job-related tasks concurrently in a fast paced environment. This includes, but is not limited to: tracking, investigating, analyzing, documenting, organizing, and auditing.
- You will know our business processes and will partner cross functionally across HR to configure and test enhancements for quality assurance.
- You’re a team player that supports your global peers with various tools & best practices and assists with trainings to help them be effective.
- You will keep pace with overall demands of the department and exhibit a positive outlook when faced with obstacles. You will adapt to change and be flexible in meeting changing priorities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.