Sr. HR Business Partner at West Monroe Partners
Sr. HR Business Partner
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you're up for the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Senior Talent Business Partner for our Talent Management team to provide leadership, business partnership and deliver best-in-class solutions. This role is located in Chicago.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing daily leadership in the areas of employee relations, performanc e management, workforce planning and career development; as well as being a workplace culture champion. The Talent Business Partner will collaborate with Chicago Office leadership and Senior Talent Management leaders to execute strategic human capital plans that support the needs and priorities of the business and drive proactive, strategic, forward-thinking solutions to employee and organizational issues.
What you'll be doing:
* Provide leadership, HR expertise and coaching to managers and employees with specific focus on: employee retention, employee advocacy/engagement, employee relations management, performance management, compensation, and career development and talent assessment
* Build credible and trusting relationships with employee populations to help facilitate effective employee communications and relations
* Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported & resolved
* Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices
* Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues
* Lead key HR processes including talent review, compensation planning for location/practice areas
* Employee onboarding and orientation
* Talent Champion, helping develop, engage and retain talent
* Contribute to the business by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
Here's what you need to bring to the table:
* Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, business or related field
* Twelve (12) or more years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a professional services or management consulting firm as a market-facing consultant
* Demonstrable experience with, or knowledge of, employment law
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence and collaborate at the leadership level
* Ability to travel to other office locations (~15%)
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment
* Strong skills at building relationships with various levels in an organization
* Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skill
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.