Sr. HR Business Partner at DocuSign
Sr. HR Business Partner
People & Social Responsibility | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our People & Social Responsibility team is creating a unique culture at DocuSign – one that is collaborative and one that embraces the full range of perspectives and experiences of all our employees. People are what drive our company’s success. That is why we focus on hiring the right people and giving them the tools and training they need to do the work of their lives. We recognize our people are driven by a sense of purpose and want to give back. That’s why we established the DocuSign IMPACT Foundation and the DocuSign for Forests initiative which demonstrates our people’s character in action.
HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to employees in our Chicago & Toronto offices. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, coaching managers, managing onboarding, offboarding and employee relations issues, and partnering with our centers of excellence on program implementation. This role partners with all functions based in our Chicago, Warrenville and Toronto offices some of which include Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Professional Services. It is an individual contributor role reporting to the Senior Director HRBP for Product Development.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 8+ years human resource business partner experience supporting various functions
- SHRM or PHR Certification preferred
Experience working with Canadian companies and employment law preferred
- The ability to learn and understand multiple functions, complex business goals and recommend new approaches, practices and procedures to achieve continual improvements in business outcomes, employee productivity and engagement along with development of HR within the company
- The ability to work & communicate effectively in person and with remote clients and teammates.
- Experience successfully monitoring the "pulse" of the organization to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Must be comfortable and able to proactively contribute in ambiguous and high growth environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to address conflict and facilitate conversations to help managers and employees resolve confusion or conflict.
- Ability to recognize patterns, solve problems and identify root causes of various complex issues, quickly implement solutions across multiple disciplines, at times beyond HR solutions.
- Capability to coach and mentor at Sr. Management level
- Strong HR foundational knowledge including compensation philosophy, employment law, accommodations, and demonstrated experience facilitating successful training sessions
- Success in implementing and managing effective performance management, employee relations and recognition programs
- Demonstrated success and willingness to manage multiple priorities and a high volume workload that ranges from strategic to tactical
- A strong solutions’ focus and confidence working in an autonomous environment with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Must be able to effectively interact at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skillsand ability to maintain confidentiality
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.