Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a full-time Sr. HR Generalist to join our Shared Services function. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of HR Operations, the ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Our next Sr. HR Generalist will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. They will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice and will work within the team to support the needs and priorities of the business and drive proactive, strategic, forward-thinking solutions to employee and organizational issues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take ownership of supporting benefit related activities including, creating processes and strategy, regular monthly audit, amendment proposal, new vendor recommendations, system set up and EDI file management.
- Administering benefits, leave of absence (LOA), and workers’ compensation processes and process automation strategy.
- Reporting benefits plan information to upper management.
- Holding meetings to discuss the details of a benefits program with employees and orientating new employees in terms of benefits.
- Develop communications to explain changes in benefits to employees and answering employee queries about benefits policies.
- Conducting audits of benefits packages and policies to ensure that the company’s processes are compliant.
- Build credible and trusting relationships with employee populations to help facilitate effective employee communications and relations
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies and procedures
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues
- Support key HR processes including talent review
- Helps HR team with employee onboarding and orientation
- Contributes to the business by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Provides HR expertise and coaching to managers and employees
- Experience leveraging HR technologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, with advanced excel skills
- Prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources
- Demonstrable experience with, or knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations with regard to the processing of health and retirement benefits.
- Experience in managing leave of absence, time-off, and workers’ compensation programs.
- In-depth understanding of state and local laws governing leave such as ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and FMLA to ensure compliance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence and collaborate
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the capability to prioritize tasks and work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment
- Strong skills at building relationships with various levels in an organization
- Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skill
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, business or related field strongly preferred
- A minimum of (5) or more years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a professional services or management consulting firm
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.