Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Reporting to the HRBP and working directly with the Sales organization at Upwork, we are looking for a Sr. HR Generalist to help build a culture of engagement and drive business results by delivering measurable and sustained value-added solutions. As a consultative and trusted advisor to all levels of our employee base, you will be a point of contact on numerous day-to-day HR matters alongside the HRBP. Are you a champion of driving diversity, inclusiveness and belonging in the workplace? Do you have a passion for the people side of business and love helping people reach their potential? If you said yes to any of these, you can make a meaningful contribution in this role. This role is located in our Chicago, IL office.
- Coach and provide guidance on employee relations for a wide range of issues. May include conducting investigations in response to issues and recommend/implement courses of action based on investigation results.
- Be an impartial steward for the organization, advocating for employees and the business, and modeling our values.
- Contribute to the development of HR programs and processes such as workforce organizational planning, learning and development, total rewards programs, etc.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Strong communication and influencing skills; effective listener possessing the ability to connect and influence actions and outcomes with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Substantial HR experience: you have in-depth knowledge of HR laws, strategies, policies, and practices. Additionally, you're eager to try new and creative approaches.
- A forward-thinking approach coupled with a keen sense of organization.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Minimum of 4+ years of dynamic Human Resources experience in a sales or technology related environment.
- A consistent track record of strong business partnership within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- You are a dedicated HR professional in putting ideas into practice and assessing results.
- Demonstrable experience with Google applications.
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, org planning, performance management, business advising, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture carrier, employee engagement, coaching and development, conflict resolution, recruiting, data analysis, and employee relations.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a company’s evolving stages and needs.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.