Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork is voted #1 place to work in Chicago! 2019
Upwork Talent Services is growing and we are looking to expand our leadership team with an experienced and enthusiastic Sr Manager of Talent Services to support our largest clients. As companies embrace the future of work, you will be the person to ensure Upwork’s Enterprise Talent team has the right structure and members, is aligned with business priorities, adequately supports the business and is moving in the right direction (upward!)
With deep staffing, recruiting and management experience, you know what ‘great’ looks like. You will own a talent strategy that ensures we identify, develop relationships, and drive loyalty with the best talent in the world. To meet our clients’ global resource needs, you will use data and your substantial experience to inform decisions that make an impact. You have a bias for action, and ensure that clients, internal partners, and candidates who move through our process have an exceptional experience.
What you will be doing:
- Own the vision and strategy for Upwork’s Enterprise Talent team while balancing goals, resources and growth
- Lead a team responsible for generating vetted, known, loyal and targeted talent benches, and partnering with our Product team to expose that talent
- Oversee and manage applicant tracking and productivity systems responsible for engaging and driving utilization of highly qualified candidates
- Ensuring an exceptional experience for clients, candidates and business partners
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years of Sourcing/Recruiting/Staffing experience in a staffing agency environment.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Track record of building and coaching high performing passive recruiting/sourcing teams.
- Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy and plan while also rolling up your sleeves and providing detailed guidance at a granular level.
- Proven data driven approach to decision making.
- Ability to partner and communicate creatively to approach and solve challenges with clear and concise solutions.
- Understanding of sourcing techniques and tools to identify, court, and land passive talent
- Great communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to think strategically and proactively
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.