Sr. Manager, Learning & Development
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
In this role you will:
- Create a strategic plan for Learning across the company, leading the team that designs the experiences from new hire onboarding to continued technical training & strategic training to grow our employees.
- Develop the end-to-end learning and growth strategy to help Grubhub elevate its focus on building the next generation of skill sets across the organization.
- Build and execute learning experiences that are accessible to in person and remote learners, and offer scalable solutions to support Grubhub’s growth.
- Develop an onboarding strategy that equips new hires with the tools and knowledge they need to be successful.
- Proactively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify performance skill gaps and apply learnings.
- Source, partner and manage external vendors to extend and assist with learning programs when needed.
- Develop communication mechanisms to inform leaders and employees on educational programs, training resources, and opportunities, etc.
- Measure the results of learning and development programs to demonstrate impact on the business.
- Assist in other organizational development/talent development initiatives as needed including implementation of a strategy to further build inclusion and diversity into our culture.
You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Learning & Development, Organizational Development, Communications, Education or relevant field.
- At least 8+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities in Learning & Development and/or company-wide training programs
- Knowledge of instructional design models and adult learning principles with the ability to apply course design techniques and facilitation for various audiences
- Knowledge of course development software and experience maintaining a Learning Management System (including wikis and other similar applications)
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write instructional material, including audio/video scripts
- Passionate about learning and utilizing new technologies and learning theories to design and deliver effective training
- Ability to conduct training needs analysis, interpret and communicate the data, and deliver solutions to address the gaps
- Manage multiple priorities /projects effectively
- Anticipate the needs of the business and exhibit a bias for action
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.