At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Senior Manager for our Talent Management team to lead a COE (center of excellence) leading best in class performance initiatives and programs that align with and drive a high-performance culture. In this critical role, the Senior Manager will be responsible for working with firmwide leaders and Talent Business Partners to lead the design and implementation of performance management processes and targeted talent and organizational effectiveness solutions. The Talent Management COE will drive the cultural transformation of performance management moving from an annual HR activity to a more progressive, ongoing process that supports talent pipelining, succession planning and leadership development programming. This leader needs to be both highly strategic and a strong individual contributor/operator of excellence. This role is located in Chicago and will lead a small local team and support the firm on a national basis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide leadership for end-to-end design and implementation of the firmwide talent management processes (e.g. performance management, career models and career planning tools, talent and succession planning, leadership development programming)
- Work with leaders and Talent Business Partners to define talent related needs (e.g. succession, role clarity, organizational design, coaching, operating model improvements, etc.) and create tools and solutions that advance West Monroe’s strategy
- Partner with business and Talent Business Partners to identify, assess and develop talent and successors for key roles
- Share talent management expertise and act as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders across the firm
- In liaison with the Total Rewards COE, contribute to the design, implementation and management of effective recognition programs to reward employees in a high-performance culture.
- In liaison with the Talent Analytics COE, collaborate and advise on the design of performance data, metrics, reporting and make recommendations for future improvements, based on analysis of data.
- In liaison with ICT, collaborate and advise Collaborate with ICT and People leadership on technology options, platforms that drive our performance management strategy
- Work closely with Talent & Leadership Development to support all training initiatives, Corporate Communications on all communications and People Strategy & Experience team on the desirable employee experience
- Lead the change leadership necessary to evolve our culture and the behaviors of leaders and employees to continue evolving performance management
- Build and manage a small TM COE team
Here's what you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Organization Development Human Resources, business or related field
- A minimum of (8) or more years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a professional services or management consulting firm with a strong HR generalist background with in-depth knowledge of how Talent systems, processes and programs are inter-connected
- Experience operating in a matrixed environment, and track record of leading through diplomatic influence rather than formal authority
- Advanced knowledge of Performance, Talent, Succession techniques, systems, and strategies.
- Advanced understanding OD/OE techniques and Talent Management strategies with the ability to adapt traditional approaches
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence and collaborate at the executive leadership level
Ability to travel to other West Monroe office locations (~30%)
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.