At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is hiring a Senior Specialist, Resource Management. This Senior Specialist will assess the staffing needs of practice areas and manage resource requests based on role requirements/schedule (client data), resource availability, skillset, professional goals, and/or staffing preferences (talent data), using the firmwide staffing process and expectations as guidelines. The Senior Specialist will work with the firmwide Resource Management Office lead and practice area Resource Practice Operations Manager(s) when escalation is required for staffing decisions while encouraging leadership to think strategically about decisions when appropriate.
- Collaborate with other Resource Specialists/Managers and practice leadership to make staffing decisions across multiple practice areas, notifying appropriate parties of staffing considerations and decisions
- Support data accuracy in source system as it relates to staffing for relevant practice areas, including but not limited to overallocation, under allocation, PTO, time logging, etc.
- Support reporting of key metrics related to staffing including but not limited to resource & practice-area utilization, number of open roles, roles coming available, opportunities to rotate roles on long-term engagements, etc.
- Provide data and summarized reports of key metrics to practice area leadership in operational meetings to help inform on future resource needs, skill mix, demand considerations, etc
- Coordinate staffing or resources amongst chargeable client work, practice development needs, and business development needs
- Maintain 1:1 relationships with resources (with the onus on the resources to manage these relationships) to understand professional goals and staffing preferences
- Partner with career advisors, engagement managers, and project resources to understand skills, areas of development, and general needs for the practice
- Remain aware of employee engagement in partnership with our HR functions
- Assess and create strategies to roll talent on and off long-term engagements with as little business disruption as possible
- Communicate staffing decisions with a career equity lens, focusing on balance between business/client priorities, chargeability, career equity, and employee satisfaction
- Support the firm in meeting financial targets via resource revenue generation (staffing assignments)
- Collaborate with shared services functions to align on staffing related needs
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Human Resources, Finance, Business, or related field
- Four (4) or more years of experience in consulting, or Human Resources, Resource Management, or Operations experience for a professional services or management consulting firm preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence, and collaborate
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.