Be part of the team fueling Flexport's growth
As the Sr. University Recruiting Coordinator, you will work hand-in-hand with the University Recruiter to facilitate university recruiting processes and activities by coordinating and managing the various phases of the process. You will provide candidates with their first impression of Flexport by curating their candidate experience.
We are looking for an applicant that is excited by the prospect of being part of a small team that is helping guide talented individuals to our organization. Our team values candor, long-term thinking, and teamwork. The university recruiting team is growing rapidly and will provide many opportunities for ownership and development.
- Influence the candidate experience and interview process through interview scheduling and partaking in the Hiring Taskforce Committee to address any challenges or improve the process.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders such as University Career Centers, Student Organizations and Vendors
- Be the project coordinator for university initiatives and provide timely and clear reporting of progress, data, and roadblocks.
- Collect and analyze data for the University Recruiting team on each hiring season regarding budget, candidate experience, and market trends.
- Work alongside the Recruiter to coordinate event logistics for onsite/offsite & virtual events, and conferences
- Coordinate and communicate with various internal departments to onboard Interns and New Grads.
- Assist and develop training for our Hiring Managers, Mentors, Interns, and New Grads.
- Perform other various duties related to university recruiting.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business, Marketing, Psychology, or related field.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in Talent Acquisition or 3-4 years of professional experience
- Project or Event Management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality results/deliverables
- Outstanding client service focus
- Ability to be self-guided and motivated, working to complete tasks thoroughly and requesting assistance, when necessary
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, high caliber, and dynamic environment
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.