Sr Workday Tech Analyst - Payroll, Absence & Time Tracking at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for understanding core HR business processes and supporting and maintaining core HR systems that deliver those processes. Serves as a functional/technical support point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing, and analyzing process and data flows for process improvement opportunities. Supports subject matter experts to identify domains while driving some decentralized projects, supporting system upgrades, testing, and other data management and integration activities as assigned.
The Workday Payroll, Absence, Time Tracking Analyst is responsible for complex analysis, design, configuration, and implementation of the Workday system. This role will partner with the Payroll and Leave teams to promote use of Workday, test and implement enhancements, troubleshoot issues, and maximize the Workday system.Responsibilities
- Partners with configuration partner, BT, and third-party consultants as needed, in developing and deploying configuration changes and/or data interfaces/systems integration. Documents requirements and testing according to set documentation.
- Provides day-to-day operations support for systems, including researching and resolving systems issues, unexpected results or process flaws, performing scheduled activities, and recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet business requirements.
- Assists in the review, testing, and implementation of system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate the application of upgrades or system fixes. Maintains system core setup values. Documents processes and results.
- Maintains an awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training, materials, and techniques. Through classes, training, use of collaborative tools at work, and cloud communities, continually increases both HR knowledge and HR Technology application/tools knowledge.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes, and/or major variations from established practice that must be approved by the appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Human Resources, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Human Capital Management Systems
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Human Capital Management Systems
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience with Workday Payroll, Absence, Time Tracking strongly preferred
- Financial Services experience a plus
- Human Capital Management Systems Certification
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Professional Human Resources Certification (PHR)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.