Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for supporting and maintaining core HR technology systems - both through individual work, as well as through the supervision of a team of HR technology analysts. Performs data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing, analyzing process, and data flows for process improvement opportunities. Supports system upgrades, testing, and other data management and integration activities. Oversees and directs similar work for a small team of HR technology analysts.
- Supports release management, reviews release summaries, and release readiness documents from solution vendors. Identifies enhancement solutions and impacts to downstream systems.
- Recommends process and customer service improvements, innovative solutions, and policy changes. Designs and develops user procedures, guidelines, and documentation to support change management initiatives.
- Provides project management oversight for decentralized projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Provides direction, mentoring, and guidance to team members.
- Prioritizes and directs work for team members on HR technology initiatives.
- Researches system trends with a focus on product and service development, delivery, and support.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, training, use of collaborative tools at work, cloud communities, continuously increase both HR knowledge and HR Technology application/tools knowledge.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Human Resources or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Human Capital Management Systems
- In lieu of education, 8+ years of experience in Human Capital Management Systems
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred, specifically WD Security, Talent & Performance modules
- Experience managing or mentoring staff
- Financial Services experience a plus
- PMP, upon hire
- Human Capital Management Systems Certification, upon hire
- PHR, upon hire
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.