SVP of People
Cameo, one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies and one of Chicago’s fastest growing and most exciting tech startups, is looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help propel Cameo to the next level. You’ll be joining a quickly growing team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience a rocket ship from its earliest days.
We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the direction of the next great tech company. We have an amazing culture, and hope you’ll be a part of it!
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the role:
The Senior Vice President of People will be responsible for championing Cameo's mission and core values, partnering with our leaders to help them build and develop their teams, and making sure all people-related decisions drive us forward while upholding our core values. We believe that we have a unique opportunity to be the most fun company on the planet. The Cameo brand should make a splash in everything it does and we believe that our People and our culture is where everything starts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building a People/HR function capable of empowering our managers and teams
- Serving as a key thought partner — advising, coaching and influencing the CEO and Cameo leadership team on matters of talent acquisition and retention, systems/tools, employer brand, people development, and total rewards
- Implementing an analytical, scalable, data-based approach to building Cameo’s organization, aligning business objectives with broader people strategies
- Building programs supporting diversity and inclusion at scale into our systems and processes
- Ensuring all activities of the HR function comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and recognize industry best practices
- Scale and lead a world-class recruiting team to help us attract the best talent on earth
- Building a People/HR infrastructure capable of rapid scaling as we continue to grow the business domestically and internationally
- Create processes that will enable the team to properly grow during a period of hyper-growth
- Developing and own a competitive compensation and benefits strategy
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- A minimum 8+ years of HR & People experience (Human Resources, Recruiting, Learning and Development, Diversity & Inclusion) of increasing responsibility in a high growth, tech company
- The ability to lead People functions for multiple locations with an understanding of multiple state laws and regulations, leading consistency and best practices throughout our different office locations
- Extensive experience in organization development and design including initiatives such as career planning, coaching, learning and development, performance management, and recognition programs
- An entrepreneurial spirit, eager to try new things and be innovative
- Viewed as a natural leader, mentor and engaged team player with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills at all levels of the organization
- A collaborative work style and a roll-up your sleeves attitude; deep sense of personal ownership
- Fascination in current industry trends and awareness of which are truly effective; consistent good judgment in assessing which ones are worth adopting and which should be ignored
- A mindset which inspires a culture of execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity, and fun
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.