Talent Acquisition Coordinator
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We are seeing explosive growth around the country in our cultivation facilities, dispensaries and our headquarters here in Chicago. Over the next year we will hire hundreds of great people to staff our facilities around the country. The Talent Acquisition oordinator is one of the most important members of the people team; providing support and sanity to things otherwise insane. You are the fuel that keeps the recruitment engine running.
Our ideal candidate is an individual that is meticulously organized, calm under pressure and (extremely) positive in spirit. This person will assist the recruitment team by handling the administrative duties related to finding and sealing the deal on great hires for GTI nationwide.
So, if you are used to being 4 people at once, find joy in the madness, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive right in, and want to be a huge value add to a powerhouse team; this may be the role for you!
- Track large volumes of applicants through multiple stages of the interview process including candidate communication, scheduling and paperwork
- Calendar management and schedule coordination throughout recruitment process for internal and external stakeholders
- Work within our Applicant Tracking System to track pipeline updates
- Host candidates onsite and provide the best candidate experience possible
- Draft, distribute, and process employment documents whilst maintaining confidentiality amongst sensitive candidate/employee information
- Track all metrics and referrals to specifically pinpoint where new hires come from, along with tracking attrition
- Post positions on job boards and internally
- Actively source and prospect passive candidates for a variety of hourly roles
- Act at point of contact for all things recruiting and be able to delegate questions and concerns as needed
- Complete and record reference checks as needed
- You have 1-2 years of recruiting coordination or administrative experience
- Obsessed with candidate experience and providing a high touch quality interview process
- Detail oriented, highly organized, able to multitask
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Proactive problem-solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions independently to share with the team
- Outstanding organizational skills, can work independently, and a close attention to detail
- Resourceful – someone who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and reach out to get an answer
- Outlook, Excel knowledge and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Flexibility to deal with last minute changes, the ability to remain calm under pressure, comfortable working with minimal direction
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description