Talent Acquisition Manager
We are seeking a Talent Acquisition Manager to join our team in Chicago. The successful candidate will play an integral role in the success and expansion of Axiom’'s western US talent strategy by developing tactics to attract and hire legal talent at a pivotal time in our region’s growth.
Not only will you be afforded a high degree of independence, but you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with an amazing group of fun and talented people as we continue to build a first-rate team of lawyers to support our corporate clients on engagements locally and across our global offices.
Specifically, in this role, the Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing, leading, and executing against Midwest Region talent acquisition strategy, including identification and attraction of top-tier legal talent through passive and active sources including job postings, social networking, internet research, referrals, social media, user groups, professional associations, cold calling, and direct recruiting.
- Staying current on recruiting issues and trends in the legal industry to inform and lead the recruitment strategy for the region.
- Serving as the principal point of contact for candidates – managing individuals through full cycle recruiting, while ensuring a positive and efficient candidate experience.
- Cultivating relationships and maintaining close communication with local networking groups, law school alumni groups, professional organizations, and external recruiters in the market.
- Working with and advising both local and global leadership on trends and recruitment activity levels in the Midwest Region.
- Evaluating client demand in partnership with our commercial team and keeping a strong pulse on supply pipeline – using such information to direct the regional hiring strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Developing and leading local recruitment campaigns, strategic programming, and brand-building related events for current and prospective lawyers.
Successful candidates must be a fit for both the role as well a fit within Axiom’s unique operating environment and culture, made manifest by our core values.
- Committed: We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission, our clients and our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures and find opportunity in adversity.
- Fresh: We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We combine innovation, personality and logic in a way that invigorates our clients and our colleagues.
- Irresistible: There’s a certain inevitability to Axiom and our business model, which makes it irresistible to clients. What’s more, we surround ourselves with talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion.
- Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human and memorable. We take a consultative approach; work with our clients to help solve business problems. And we care about the little things.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this particular role:
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in legal recruiting
- Highly persuasive verbal communication skills, and excellent written communication skills
- Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact and build relationships with candidates; strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Innate ability to build relationships with sophisticated lawyer candidates as well as internal stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and a tremendous amount of initiative, multi-tasking, and organizational abilities
- Superb time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Genuine interest in the Axiom model and our place in the changing legal landscape
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Undergraduate degree is required.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at [email protected] and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
ISO STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN CHICAGO, BELFAST, OR WROCLAW:
As part of ISO certified organisation the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management Systems in place at the Chicago, Belfast, and Wroclaw Centers of Excellence and globally at Axiom. The candidate will also be subject to the client’s policies and procedures and security requirements. As an employee of Axiom, you may have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.